Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My last thread wasn't answered, so i decided to make a new one. We're a bit confused about the biometrics part of the FLR(m) Visa. We completed the online application and have pretty much all our documents and application printed off.. but what about the biometrics? Do we get something in the mail/email about when to get it done? Or do we have to send off our entire documents/application to get the appointment to go?

Help is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
My last thread wasn't answered, so i decided to make a new one. We're a bit confused about the biometrics part of the FLR(m) Visa. We completed the online application and have pretty much all our documents and application printed off.. but what about the biometrics? Do we get something in the mail/email about when to get it done? Or do we have to send off our entire documents/application to get the appointment to go?

Help is appreciated, thanks.
Are you applying by post or in person? I think if you attend an in person appointment they do the biometrics right there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Then as soon as they receive your application they will send you a letter regarding making the appointment to do your biometrics. The information is on this page, you may have to reclick the heading about enrolling your biometrics:

UK Border Agency | Enrolling your biometric information

I understand that, but i'm still confused.. when you say 'As soon as they receive your application' does that mean the one we uploaded online? Or the entire application (Documents, printed application, etc)? That's what i'm confused about.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I understand that, but i'm still confused.. when you say 'As soon as they receive your application' does that mean the one we uploaded online? Or the entire application (Documents, printed application, etc)? That's what i'm confused about.
Yes, I can understand the confusion-that page isn't very clear on that part! I'd think they will send you the letter inviting you to enroll the biometrics when they receive the hard copy of your application and your supporting documents.

However, since things are often not that simple, I clicked around on the enrollment info page and found another headline to click for info:

UK Border Agency | Enrolling your biometric information - postal and online applications

And that lead to another:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/residency/brp-application-process.pdf

There may be more. You'll need to read the two links I've just posted, and then maybe click around on those links if there are hyperlinks with those to see if somewhere buried in all that is the information you need.

I was hoping someone who had actually gone through the postal app process would post in. Oh well, I think we've muddled through:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help AnAmericanInScotland, we're just going to send off our completed application, documents etc and hope they send a letter after for the biometrics. I wish they would make a little bit clearer as it's pretty confusing. Thanks again :)

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Thanks for the help AnAmericanInScotland, we're just going to send off our completed application, documents etc and hope they send a letter after for the biometrics. I wish they would make a little bit clearer as it's pretty confusing. Thanks again :)
As a retired (US) bureaucrat, I can tell you that sometimes when a government agency tries to simplify publications so that the general public finds the process more understandable, the effort backfires by making things far more complicated, and the result is only more confusion.

I got to the point at the last few years of employment that I bullet listed, highlighted, bolded, and underlined the very most important points so that people could look and quickly find the salient points.

:lol: That didn't always work-there were a few people who felt I was 'dumbing down' to them. Sigh.

The UKBA tries to cram as much 'one-size-fits-all' onto one page as they can, and it doesn't always work. Still, I have to be honest and tell you that compared to some of the convoluted legalise I've seen on other countries DOTgov pages, the UKBA does a pretty good job of presenting some very complicated material.

I do think though, that they should put a bold, all caps note at the top of every single page advising the reader that they may need to click through several hyperlinks to find the info that best answers the question. Now that would be a help:D

I'm sure you will get a letter as soon as your hard copy app and docs are received. Are you going to use the tracking service to watch your packet make its way to Croyden (or wherever)?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.