Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was wondering if there's a time frame within which biometrics must be taken after submitting the online application?

We had hoped to submit my spouse visa application from the USA by now, but my husband is waiting for his last bank statement before mailing all of his supporting documents to me. They should arrive next week, after which I can submit the online application. HOWEVER, the following week I will be away on vacation. Looking at recent posts on the timeline thread, it appears most people applying from the USA have their biometrics taken within a week of submitting the online application. My concern is that if I submit next week, I won't be home again for nearly 1.5-2 weeks. Will I be able to schedule biometrics for that much later? Or should I hold off applying until after I'm back? I'd rather not delay, as I'm concerned we'd be awfully close to the end of our 28-day window for financial documents if I wait.

Any advice?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
It's recommended they be sent within two weeks, but there is some leeway on this. However your newest payslip MUST be within the 28 days.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You are confusing the rules. There is no time limit for doing biometrics after online application, but since the details will be wiped clean after around 3 months, you must do so before then. After biometrics, you are recommended to send in your supporting documents within 2 weeks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.