Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just submitted my wife's application for her UK spouse visa, and I've paid the IHS (now part of the online process) and application fee, $936 and $1530 respectively. We made the biometrics appointment at a local USCIS centre for Thursday.

What I'm a little confused about is exactly what she's supposed to bring. The "Visa Application Confirmation Email" we got said she needs to bring the printed application, appointment letter, supporting documents and the appropriate fee.

However the "Visa application appointment confirmation" email only says she needs a printout of the appointment confirmation letter and her passport. In the next paragraph it says "Your biometric confirmation receipt will be stamped at your appointment"

So now left I'm wondering:

1) exactly what they are expecting her to bring on Thursday
2) whether I have anything else to pay
3) what is being stamped - something she's bringing or something she's going to be given
4) why the first email asked for the supporting documents. My understanding was we had another 2 weeks to get those together.

Thanks in advance for any help on this....it's like playing some kind of puzzle game getting this done. This forum seems to be the only place to get straight answers!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Of course keep in mind, these are the instruction for the US. Directions vary depending on your country of application.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Having gone through the biometics appointment in the USA recently, I can confirm that salix is indeed correct; all they needed was a passport and the confirmation details page printed from the online application (which they stamp and sign, you will send this in with your supporting documents). It has a barcode on both pages and the time/date/place of the appointment. The whole appointment took me about 5 minutes, they seem to be very efficient with timing. :)

·
Registered
532 Posts
salix i am abit worried my spouse does not have access to a printer so i dont know how she can print off the appointment letter what documents do they stamp? when going for the biometrics do they stamp the reciept and application form?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Having gone through the biometics appointment in the USA recently, I can confirm that salix is indeed correct; all they needed was a passport and the confirmation details page printed from the online application (which they stamp and sign, you will send this in with your supporting documents). It has a barcode on both pages and the time/date/place of the appointment. The whole appointment took me about 5 minutes, they seem to be very efficient with timing. :)
Thanks....just wanted to clarify your "both pages" comment as it appears I'm still a bit confused.

I printed the appointment by going to "View Appointment" from the online application and then choosing "Print Appointment Details" which does give me 2 pages, the first page of which shows a bar code and starts with "Visa4UK Appointment Confirmation" but the second page is totally blank. No bar code or anything. Should I consider myself to be having 'technical difficulties' here?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
If your spouse has access to a UPS store (or something of the like), or even many libraries, for less than a dollar you can use their computer to access your email, then use their printer to print off the page you need.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Thanks....just wanted to clarify your "both pages" comment as it appears I'm still a bit confused.

I printed the appointment by going to "View Appointment" from the online application and then choosing "Print Appointment Details" which does give me 2 pages, the first page of which shows a bar code and starts with "Visa4UK Appointment Confirmation" but the second page is totally blank. No bar code or anything. Should I consider myself to be having 'technical difficulties' here?
My document was a single page and that was only a couple of months ago (March).

·
Registered
5,528 Posts

As long as it has a bar code with the GWF number and the appointment details it's fine, I think it could be either 1-2 pages based on print settings. Sorry if I was confusing

Reactions: steveneptune
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.