Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place, but I wanted to ask about this very thing. My wife last week got her Spouse Visa (Thanks Joppa and guys here for your help ), and it's the normal one, 2.5 years, not the new one because it has not come to Russia yet. My question is this: Will my wife need to get a Biometric card when she gets to the UK anyway, as I heard that most employers will still require it regardless of her having her visa in her passport for 2.5 years with the right to work stamped in it. Also as an aside, The embassy did not give her a decision letter, simply her passport back with her visa in it. Is this normal, or is there a risk my wife will be stopped at Immigration in the UK because we cannot give them a letter they didn't give us in the first place? thank you so much

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
There's no letter, just the visa vignette in the passport. She won't get a biometric residence card until she applies for FLR(M) in 2.5 years.

Here is a link to what employers are expected to do when hiring visa holders:
https://www.gov.uk/check-job-applicant-right-to-work

Reactions: wibble81

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I just know that in some countries they have changed it so that you need Biometric card as soon as you get here now, though looking at it, it seems that Russia is not one of them yet :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.