Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I will be submitting my unmarried partner visa application mid December. In preparation of a speedy submission, I am looking for information regarding biometric appointment scheduleing. Once I have submitted the electronic application, I know that the next step is the biometric. From my understanding this can be scheduled fairly quickly and at the nearest office (based off of application address). My question is, what sort of flexibility is provided for selecting an appointment date and time? Those of you who have completed this portion, how many options were you provided (I know this is very subjective)? With the upcoming holidays and associated travel, I want to Know what to expect.

Thanks in advance,
Simon

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
It obviously depends on your location (which State) and the timing, but you should normally be able to find an appointment within a week, often less. For WV, you have a choice of Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Charleston.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hey SiGuy!

For what it's worth, I disregarded the appointment date given for my biometric appointment. I'm currently not working so I had the availability.

My appointment was booked for the 18th but I went in on the 13th. I picked 2pm; right before closing but after the lunch time rush. They saw me immediately.

Can't recommend that this will work in your city (I'm in South Florida) but it was very beneficial for me. If anything, they would turn me away and I'd still have my scheduled time. They didn't question my decision at all; just smiled and asked me to take a number. I was called in less than a minute.

Hope this helps. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much for the info. I have a follow on question. When contacted by the USCIS are you provided with a range of dates and time from which you can select from? If so I'm wondering how much flexibility? Additionally if, when we are ready to submit can I request a particular office which is not the closest to my mailing address. My partner and I will be visiting my parents for a week and if possible submit application and get an appointment then...(less travel and in a bigger city). This would be around the Christmas holiday,so that obviously effects available appointments, which we will have to consider.

Thanks again for all the info thus far...I look forward to additional responses.

SiGuy.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
I think you can only go to one of the offices designated for your state.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.