Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really need some advice on applying for a UK Visa (Ancestry) in Melbourne.

We are pretty much ready to go with the online application, but are just awaiting on a couple of birth certificates to arrive, however we are leaving in 2 weeks and therefore need a decision as soon as possible.

Can someone please tell me what documents I MUST apply online, and what documents to take to the Bio metric assessment? Or, is it a case of attaching all docs online, and bringing identical original copies of all to the consular office?

If someone can please clear this up for me?! I'm tearing my hair out here and panicking we won't get it on time!!

Really appreciate any assistance you guys can give!!

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
In Australia, you first apply online and pay (and get reference number for health surcharge though you don't have to pay), book your biometric appointment and take to the visa application centre all your supporting documents, originals and copies. You submit them after giving your biometrics, and then wait. Whether you get your visa in time is another matter, as they warn you not to book your travels until you get your visa. So be prepared to rebook (and probably lose a lot of money).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.