Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my husband was told that he needed a big fancy watch to wear to work in Dubai area. Apparently everyone has one and I want him to make a good first impression. Because, if he doesn't, no one will take him seriously. That's what we were advised by the guy he will be replacing.

Any good recommendations, perhaps popular brands ?

·
Registered
117 Posts
So my husband was told that he needed a big fancy watch to wear to work in Dubai area. Apparently everyone has one and I want him to make a good first impression. Because, if he doesn't, no one will take him seriously. That's what we were advised by the guy he will be replacing.

Any good recommendations, perhaps popular brands ?
Hit the Gold Souk for a "cheap" Rolex. Rolex sales reps will randomly approach you as you're strolling along. Great customer service! Make sure to get a good one. It would suck for him to get called out!

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,963 Posts
Hi,
Yes in Karama I was approached by a lovely Indian chap who told me he was selling "genuine fake Rolex watches"!
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
I've never heard of anything so ridiculous! Neither have the regulars on here, hence the flip answers you're getting. What does hubby do?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Don't wear a big watch, wear a cool watch! I'm wearing a 1970's digital watch that cost me £7.49 in Oxfam Chester.
It's not the size of you're clock, it's what you can do with it that matters!!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
HA HA HA

So many wear giant watches out here - yet, they're still capable of being late for meetings.

Must be the weight of the watch dragging their knuckles along the ground.

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,963 Posts
HA HA HA

So many wear giant watches out here - yet, they're still capable of being late for meetings.

Must be the weight of the watch dragging their knuckles along the ground.
Hi,
I was at a wedding in India yesterday. The friend who was getting married showed me his (modest) watch and it was running 30 minutes fast.
I asked him why it was set fast - he said it was to help with his timekeeping.
I said - so why are you still always late for meetings!
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
This has gotten me thinking - what watches do you guys have? I do have a posh watch and a couple of sort of posh watches (all originals) but I love my Swatch watches best of all!

·
Banned
913 Posts
Great Post - finally someone on my wave length. Without a big watch, no one in Dubai will take you seriously.

My advice is to go classic, everyone loves a classic watch, not only will it improve your non existent sex life, your husband will be fully respected and should get a promotion in the first 6 months. Which means more dollar to spend on coffee with the girls and handbags!

The watch all Arabs and Expats dream to have is the Classic Casio F201WA-1AW, it will offer you the following with no other big name brand can give you

Classic F201WA-1AV Black Face/ Black Band | Casio

10 Year Battery (AMAZING - Can an apple watch even do a day?)
Water Resistant (Like a Go-Pro)
LED Light with Afterglow (It's own light, for night time)
Dual Time (US time and Dubai time - AWESOME)
4 Multi-function Alarms and 1 Snooze Alarm (No need to buy an alarm now)
Hourly Time Signal (Who doesn't want this?)
Countdown Timer (Count Down timer to when work finishes!!!!)
Measuring unit: 1 second (OMG I love this, time calculated in seconds)
1/100-second stopwatch (run forest run)
Full Auto Calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2099)
12/24 Hour Formats (yes!!!!)
Accuracy: +/- 30 seconds per month ( I love accuracy)
Sex Life: Improved
Respect: Massive
Promotion: Guaranteed

You can thank me in 6 months time :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Great Post - finally someone on my wave length. Without a big watch, no one in Dubai will take you seriously.

My advice is to go classic, everyone loves a classic watch, not only will it improve your non existent sex life, your husband will be fully respected and should get a promotion in the first 6 months. Which means more dollar to spend on coffee with the girls and handbags!

The watch all Arabs and Expats dream to have is the Classic Casio F201WA-1AW, it will offer you the following with no other big name brand can give you

Classic F201WA-1AV Black Face/ Black Band | Casio

10 Year Battery (AMAZING - Can an apple watch even do a day?)
Water Resistant (Like a Go-Pro)
LED Light with Afterglow (It's own light, for night time)
Dual Time (US time and Dubai time - AWESOME)
4 Multi-function Alarms and 1 Snooze Alarm (No need to buy an alarm now)
Hourly Time Signal (Who doesn't want this?)
Countdown Timer (Count Down timer to when work finishes!!!!)
Measuring unit: 1 second (OMG I love this, time calculated in seconds)
1/100-second stopwatch (run forest run)
Full Auto Calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2099)
12/24 Hour Formats (yes!!!!)
Accuracy: +/- 30 seconds per month ( I love accuracy)
Sex Life: Improved
Respect: Massive
Promotion: Guaranteed

You can thank me in 6 months time :)
I'd pick the version with the calculator over this one — style AND substance.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Great Post - finally someone on my wave length. Without a big watch, no one in Dubai will take you seriously. My advice is to go classic, everyone loves a classic watch, not only will it improve your non existent sex life, your husband will be fully respected and should get a promotion in the first 6 months. Which means more dollar to spend on coffee with the girls and handbags! The watch all Arabs and Expats dream to have is the Classic Casio F201WA-1AW, it will offer you the following with no other big name brand can give you Classic F201WA-1AV Black Face/ Black Band | Casio 10 Year Battery (AMAZING - Can an apple watch even do a day?) Water Resistant (Like a Go-Pro) LED Light with Afterglow (It's own light, for night time) Dual Time (US time and Dubai time - AWESOME) 4 Multi-function Alarms and 1 Snooze Alarm (No need to buy an alarm now) Hourly Time Signal (Who doesn't want this?) Countdown Timer (Count Down timer to when work finishes!!!!) Measuring unit: 1 second (OMG I love this, time calculated in seconds) 1/100-second stopwatch (run forest run) Full Auto Calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2099) 12/24 Hour Formats (yes!!!!) Accuracy: +/- 30 seconds per month ( I love accuracy) Sex Life: Improved Respect: Massive Promotion: Guaranteed You can thank me in 6 months time :)
You do realize this could be a collector's piece one day don't you ;)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts