Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a Moderator and Consultant on this forum who can help with what I believe is the most unusual request.

We were granted a 457 Visa in July 2011. My husband left ahead of me in August but had to come back in October due to family matters.

I was absolutely devastated. So much build-up and effort and almost a year of working and waiting to make things happen and then the carpet got whipped from under my feet. (It was four weeks before MY departure date).

My husband's Australian employer was very understanding but at that stage we had to tell him that we couldn't foresee being able to return.

Here we are now at the end of March. Life has changed (as it always does) and naturally our thoughts return to lost opportunties.

As you know a 457 comes in two steps, first the sponsor company gets approval then the applicant gets approval.
I was wondering whether OUR part of the deal would still hold up. In other words would the Visa still be valid if we could find another company to offer employment?

G

·
You would still have to go through the process again but as you have been approved once their shouldn't be a problem being approved again for a job in a similar field.

Get job hunting, so long as the employer can be a sponsor you should be able to make it. But I'd be looking for them to sponsor as PR if they can. Saves this happening again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.