Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i am new to this forum today. always read the posts, dolly yours v.helpful. thanks. is there anyone in plymouth looking to make the move. we are hoping to be over in australia by next year. seems so much to do. anyone else know where to start.???? looking to moving to perth. how much do you rekon you need before you even get to oz?? my hubby is a project manager and i stay home with our 3 kids 7, 4 and 10months, any info would be great.. thankyou everyone katrina:

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Katrina

welcome to the forum.

have you applied for the visa yet? It sounds big but as time passes, everything happens the way it should with a little effort from your end. Since you have already read Dolly's and Karen's sticky threads on things to do, planning to emigrate and the helpful links, I dont have much to say. Just be regular here, read peoples comments and stories, it gives you an idea how things should be done.

Wish you luck

cheers
anj

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Katrina

welcome to the forum.

have you applied for the visa yet? It sounds big but as time passes, everything happens the way it should with a little effort from your end. Since you have already read Dolly's and Karen's sticky threads on things to do, planning to emigrate and the helpful links, I dont have much to say. Just be regular here, read peoples comments and stories, it gives you an idea how things should be done.

Wish you luck

cheers
anj
not applied yet. planning to in next couple of months just getting info and doing lots of research first on perth and jobs surrounding areas and cost of living etc. where abouts are you? are you in the process? thanks for reply . kat

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hi Kat

I am yet to get the visa. we applied in September 2008, (175). got state sponsorship from ACT in September 2009, converted from 175 to 176. waiting to hear form DIAC :). we are no ton CSL or MODL.

You should not wait too long, start the paper work, apply for skill assessment, then the visa. once done you will have plenty of time to research :). it is better to apply first and then during your waiting period research.. easier to pass the waiting period that way.

I am in India

·
Registered
26 Posts
hi there

not applied yet. planning to in next couple of months just getting info and doing lots of research first on perth and jobs surrounding areas and cost of living etc. where abouts are you? are you in the process? thanks for reply . kat
we are in the exact same situ. we looking to move t perth next year, have applied yet but want to get all info first before it goes ahead. schools, houses, area, costs, insurances and so on.

maybe we acan be help to each other as times goes on. keep in touch and maybe we all meet up next year in Perth lol.

chris and elaine

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi Kat

I am yet to get the visa. we applied in September 2008, (175). got state sponsorship from ACT in September 2009, converted from 175 to 176. waiting to hear form DIAC :). we are no ton CSL or MODL.

You should not wait too long, start the paper work, apply for skill assessment, then the visa. once done you will have plenty of time to research :). it is better to apply first and then during your waiting period research.. easier to pass the waiting period that way.

I am in India
very true. you have waited ages. must be so frustrated!!!
good luck. where you looking to move once over there? have any kids?

·
Registered
26 Posts
good point, we are just scared of it falling some point. and the costs are very high to apply and get docs etc.

what happens if my wife was to get rejected from the asesment for nursing in OZ lolol cant see it happing but lik to cover all things. would we be out of pocket the $690ausd. and the cost of the forms etc. ????????

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hi again kat

we had out lives on hold for almost 2 years, we got married in feb in 2008 and did not buy stuff, went with just the basics but after waiting for so long, now we have kind of matured.. hehe.. we are moving on with our life, taking it the way it comes, no more frustrations, making plans for a couple of years here itself, if it happens anytime before that, we will be happy, if not then we are moving on anyways.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good point, we are just scared of it falling some point. and the costs are very high to apply and get docs etc.

what happens if my wife was to get rejected from the asesment for nursing in OZ lolol cant see it happing but lik to cover all things. would we be out of pocket the $690ausd. and the cost of the forms etc. ????????
i can completey relate want to do our homework first cuz the initial starting process is costly!! have no family out there either so want to be 100% first. especially with 3kids.

·
Registered
26 Posts
hey we have 2 kids too, and like you say you have to make sure everything is right foe the move to happen, and take the chance to pay out the money before hand lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, guys looks like we are all in the same boat....all want to go but dont want to commit until home work is done??????? Im married with 2 kids they are two and four...Tommorow i think Im going to make my first big step and contact an agent and get the ball rolling and get on the road to perth.....wish you guys all the luck for the future.....

Cheers

Josh

·
Registered
26 Posts
same to you.

Hi, guys looks like we are all in the same boat....all want to go but dont want to commit until home work is done??????? Im married with 2 kids they are two and four...Tommorow i think Im going to make my first big step and contact an agent and get the ball rolling and get on the road to perth.....wish you guys all the luck for the future.....

Cheers

Josh
good luck and keep us informed, i did contact sn sgent, and still need to confirm so msny things pensions etc etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
spoke with a couple of agents today......first one was very serious and a little uptight for my liking was all blah blah money money money.......then topped it of with will be £6000 / £8000 with 3 /4 year wait???????? Dont think so..... then phoned another who was great, lot more info and alot better to talk to, i have sent my CV to them and he is doing prelim check so finger crossed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Cheers

Josh
hi josh, good luck on getting the ball started! did you make any calls, we were planning on going to the expo in london to get some of our many questions answered. after that plan to find a good agent, if you do have any good experience with one plz let me know, there are so many of them out there. where abouts in perth were you looking? katrina

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi katrina, like the expo idea the agent i spoke with today invited me to one in birmingham and the one in london but i can not make either....so we are going to meet up for coffee somewhere in uk depending where we are working where our paths will cross. he was a realy great guy, realy enthusiasic and seemed really genuine, no hidden bits all cards out on the table which was good. Ive sent him my CV so he can do prelim checks so hopefully all will be good.

Have no real prefrence for exact location main criteria, near the sea and a pool and most of all out of the UK!!!!!!

How long have you been looking into this ? i really want to do it but dont want to wait 3 or 4 years to move.....think my job in refrigeration should speed things up a bit.

ive been shocked by cost so far......hope it will all be worth it.

Where abouts are you living now, im in lincolnshire so hopefull WA will be more exciting.

josh

·
Registered
26 Posts
hi KAT and Jiffy

Hi katrina, like the expo idea the agent i spoke with today invited me to one in birmingham and the one in london but i can not make either....so we are going to meet up for coffee somewhere in uk depending where we are working where our paths will cross. he was a realy great guy, realy enthusiasic and seemed really genuine, no hidden bits all cards out on the table which was good. Ive sent him my CV so he can do prelim checks so hopefully all will be good.

Have no real prefrence for exact location main criteria, near the sea and a pool and most of all out of the UK!!!!!!

How long have you been looking into this ? i really want to do it but dont want to wait 3 or 4 years to move.....think my job in refrigeration should speed things up a bit.

ive been shocked by cost so far......hope it will all be worth it.

Where abouts are you living now, im in lincolnshire so hopefull WA will be more exciting.

josh
here is number for anagent i have been speaking too for las few weeks, he seems very good, and has been recomended by a friend who has used them to move to OZ, and the cost is about £1400 for there services:clap2:.
his name is Tim Mcmahon 01223830916.

tell him Chris Johnson, from N.Ireland passed on his number.

chris

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
here is number for anagent i have been speaking too for las few weeks, he seems very good, and has been recomended by a friend who has used them to move to OZ, and the cost is about £1400 for there services:clap2:.
his name is Tim Mcmahon 01223830916.

tell him Chris Johnson, from N.Ireland passed on his number.

chris
hey, chris thanks alot for passing on his number. there is so many out there now and are so expensive too thats a really good price. what exactly does that include? does he charge for phone calls? are you going to the expo this year?. we are going to theone in london. how are you getting on with it anyway are you applying soon? katrina:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi kat

hey, chris thanks alot for passing on his number. there is so many out there now and are so expensive too thats a really good price. what exactly does that include? does he charge for phone calls? are you going to the expo this year?. we are going to theone in london. how are you getting on with it anyway are you applying soon? katrina:)
we havent started the process just yet, just checking every single detail b4 we do, pensions, jobs, how to go about it etc etc.

yes you can phone him for advice etc to make sure you want to go ahead with things first, i spoke to him today and said i passed his number on to you.

maybe you could tell me alot about QLD so we can make a few assumtions lol
chris

1 - 20 of 20 Posts