Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Suddenly my OH seems to be getting a project at Australia thru his current employer though the talks of sending him is in the very initial stage I am getting confused what I shuld be doing. Should I go ahead and apply (175 since I am in CSL ) for me alone or include him also. If he is travelling then I also have to be going with him. But as per DIAC I shuld be outside OZ at the time of visa processing... I know it is too early to think about this but still I am just trying to make myself clear. Do let me know your suggestions

Cheers,

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
you should go ahead. if its about being offshore, uc an go to NZ when they are about to grant the visa but make sure u check the possibilities of applying for it with him as spouse while he already is in AU.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah thts y i m confused. I am planning to apply for 175 visa in Dec/Jan before that he will not be going for sure... So I think I can apply for now then if incase he goes I can inform Diac abt it.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi Cintai:

I think it's important to check with DIAC before you apply for a dependent on another visa, DIAC may come back and say you can only have one visa. I think it will still be OK, but you need to inform them about any other PR type visa you get if you still have a 175 application already processing.

yah thts y i m confused. I am planning to apply for 175 visa in Dec/Jan before that he will not be going for sure... So I think I can apply for now then if incase he goes I can inform Diac abt it.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
yes because u cant hv two visas at one time.. speak to an agent..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts