Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

How on earth does postal work here. Letter has been sent to me ( have a P.o.Box) but several has never arrived.

Question
1) best way of sending letters and gifts ?
2) best option for me to ensure I do get letter / parcels from family/ friends - is any?

I find it so odd- the lack of a simple postal distribution model does not exsist. I have noticed at my work place they are using equal to fedex, but the price is mind bottling -
I would not be surprised if further issues come into play. - clearing custume. Gosh how long time does that take, thinking here copy after copy after copy ...............of doc's

I dont really want to use my work account for several reasons.:confused:

Thank you

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I get everything sent to my work address (PO Box) - if it's gifts or something important, always sent express registered post or by courier, then you can track it.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
One big box to a friend in the UK sent by FedEx, with the smaller ones inside for distribution, along with a bank transfer to cover postage costs and their own present.

Or I just do the Amazon thing, or as with this year, go back for a week in early December and do it all when I am there.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Yeah to be honest with Christmas/Birthday gifts I shop online and have it sent direct from whomever I buy it from, to the person. Easy peasy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts