Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the best OZ voip package that allows "FREE" calls to OZ landlines and mobile phones and UK landlines for a fixed monthly price. excluding premium numbers of course.
Cheers

·
Registered
49 Posts
Why don't you try MediaRingTalk application. It's a PC to Phone application. It allows you to call most of the Mobile and landlines in Oz, UK, USA, CANADA for free.

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Try checking out Engin (engin.com.au). They have a fixed price plan that allows Free calls to 8 countries (UK is one them).

Whats the best OZ voip package that allows "FREE" calls to OZ landlines and mobile phones and UK landlines for a fixed monthly price. excluding premium numbers of course.
Cheers

·
Registered
233 Posts
here the comparison of various voip services, for details you can refer the respective sites....

............................................... India Land.................................India Mobile............................ Australia Land...................... Australia Mobile
1 actionvoip.com................INR 0.805 ................................. INR 0.805............................... INR 0.805............................. INR 3.087
2 justvoip.com................... INR 3.221................................. INR 2.819................................ Free.................................... INR 4.362
3 voipbuster.com............... INR 1.611................................. INR 1.208................................. Free.................................... INR 12.013
4 voipcheap.com ................INR 5.034 ............................... INR 5.034................................ Free.................................... INR 10.805
5 nonoh.net........................ INR 2.148 ............................... INR 2.148................................ Free.................................... INR 3.624
6 webcalldirect.com.............INR 1.477 ............................... INR 1.477................................ Free.................................... INR 2.55
7 skype.com........................ AU$ 0.126 ............................... AU$ 0.126............................... AU$ 0.031............................. AU$ 0.303

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
skype supposedly is the cheapest?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Skype is the costliest of most of the providers!!

skype supposedly is the cheapest?
No anj, skype is mostly the costliest comparing to other small voip providers.

actionvoip smees to be the cheapest, till now from what i have compared , i haveen using voip calls from nearly 3-4 yrs now, for calling from uk to india and from europe to india.

actionvoip is nearly 60 paisa (INR) per minute for any landline or mobile in india. even i used it for making calls in india itself (STD) calls when they were earlier at 1Rupees per mite from my mobile, so i used actionvoip (60 paisa per minute) for making std calls to my friends

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
oh. i wouldnt know, have not used it yet.. :) still learning

·
Registered
233 Posts
if u want to call Australia, Germany, USA and many more then justvoip,voipcheap, voipbuster,nonoh, webcalldirect are cheap and free for land lines..........if u want to call India then actionvoip is cheap, I have listed the price for each provider........but skype is costly

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if u want to call Australia, Germany, USA and many more then justvoip,voipcheap, voipbuster,nonoh, webcalldirect are cheap and free for land lines..........if u want to call India then actionvoip is cheap, I have listed the price for each provider........but skype is costly
Can u use fring to connect to these providers...ie on my mobile??:confused2: Skype allows this?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
No anj, skype is mostly the costliest comparing to other small voip providers.

actionvoip smees to be the cheapest, till now from what i have compared , i haveen using voip calls from nearly 3-4 yrs now, for calling from uk to india and from europe to india.

actionvoip is nearly 60 paisa (INR) per minute for any landline or mobile in india. even i used it for making calls in india itself (STD) calls when they were earlier at 1Rupees per mite from my mobile, so i used actionvoip (60 paisa per minute) for making std calls to my friends
Thanks all for sharing the information. I used to use icallhere and perfect2call 3-4 years back. I remember using mediaring dialer as well. But now as the market gets floodded with VOIP calling cards offering more and more minutes, most expats use calling cards.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I haven't tried using fring............let u know after trying
Have tried it.. it's installed on my wife's phone.. more like a gtalk client for mobile.. hunt for wifi and start fringing..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Check out Pennytel they have some cool services including access lines so people can call a number in the uk and get the same cheap rates. Also Australia to UK can be as cheap as 8cents per call (untimed)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts