Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, thanks for taking the time to read this, I could do with some friendly advice. Im living in the UK and desperatley want to emigrate to the Perth area and im unsure on best cause of action refrence visa. Ive done some online assesment and have more than enough points but not sure best visa option.
Is it better to ge a working visa then apply for a residancy vise once in australia or should i go for the full work and residancy from the start, or are there more options????? Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Also is it easy enough to find work, Im a Refrigeration Project Manager/engineer.

Thanks in advance

Josh

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hi guys, thanks for taking the time to read this, I could do with some friendly advice. Im living in the UK and desperatley want to emigrate to the Perth area and im unsure on best cause of action refrence visa. Ive done some online assesment and have more than enough points but not sure best visa option.
Is it better to ge a working visa then apply for a residancy vise once in australia or should i go for the full work and residancy from the start, or are there more options????? Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Also is it easy enough to find work, Im a Refrigeration Project Manager/engineer.

Thanks in advance

Josh
I would go with the PR visa right away (175) because that gives you the flexibility without being tied to one particular employer. You don't have to worry about losing your job and finding another company to sponsor you. If you have the points then it makes most sense. The only advantage of work sponsored visa (457) is that you have to have a job lined up in order to get the visa, so you know you will be working the minute you hit the ground there.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Totally agree with Mat.

Get your PR and then start looking for a job. As soon as you get your visa you can start looking and you may (like we did) land a job before you move over. Sadly, no-one will be interested in you until you get PR.

Dolly

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
is your skill in CSL? cos if it is your application would be processed in no time. approximately a year is what the entire process would take. if you are not in CSL, it would take approximately 3 years

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the infomation, CSL????? is that the Trades in demand list??? if so then yes i belive refrigeration engineer is on the list so hopefully could get priority?

Would i be better to use an agent or try going solo? As the visa is approx £ 1500.

thanks again

Josh

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Josh

there are various lists, SOL which is the basic skill list, over that is MODL, over that is CSL which is critical skill list.

you can do it on your own but you have to read a lot and understand the procedure, the documents required. come to the forum everyday, read, drink, eat, gulp all the info on the immi site. search the forum for your skill an dread what problems people faced. and how they came out of it.

even if u use an agent services, you still have to read a lot and understand how it all works. you should know what the agent is asking you for and why what documents are asked for.

have a look at the CSL on the immi site and see if your skill is in it..

There are a lot of people who did it on their own, many who use agent services, depends on how critical your case is, how well versed you are with everything and how much time you give to it. thern there are those who were short of tiem and used agent services because they could not afford loosing time.

Cheers
anj

·
Registered
619 Posts
Thanks for the infomation, CSL????? is that the Trades in demand list??? if so then yes i belive refrigeration engineer is on the list so hopefully could get priority?

Would i be better to use an agent or try going solo? As the visa is approx £ 1500.

thanks again

Josh
Here is the Critical Skills List (CSL):

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/critical-skills-list.pdf

Have a look at the skills listed here and see if you fall into any of those categories. For more detailed descriptions on each profession just google the ASCO code.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts