Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Lonely Planet, Rough Guide are both pretty good... then again I've only used them as back up, I like to sound out people on the spot once I arrive for some more original ideas, otherwise you end up on a kind of backpacker tourist tour...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Daniel From San Francisco

Hi

I was think to visit Thailand Bangkok this Fall for a couple of months or longer

I need some of your expert advice

If i visit Bangkok, Where is the best place to live close with the International Expats community ?

I am also concern about the food... do your know the Place or the Super market name ?
where i can find International food like Pasta and Cheese and Ham and Nice wine?

Please advice me

Thanks

Daniel

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hi

I was think to visit Thailand Bangkok this Fall for a couple of months or longer

I need some of your expert advice

If i visit Bangkok, Where is the best place to live close with the International Expats community ?

I am also concern about the food... do your know the Place or the Super market name ?
where i can find International food like Pasta and Cheese and Ham and Nice wine?

Please advice me

Thanks

Daniel
Pretty much every supermarket sells pasta, cheese and wine - its just expensive that's all. Pasta (dried) is not so expensive, but imported wine and cheese are. Thai food is amongst the best in the world, if you are afraid of spicy, just ask for not spicy (mai pet). How are yu going to cook the supermarket ingredients? If you really need to eat American, then there vare lots of AMerican fast food places (McDonald's, Burger King, KFC, etc) - but yuk!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thai Food

I totally agree should try Thai Food however not sure can i handle the Hot spicy food O Dear!!

Do you have any particular Super Market Chain name in thailand that sell special
International food from USE or UK or Europe ?

Please advice me

Thanks

Pretty much every supermarket sells pasta, cheese and wine - its just expensive that's all. Pasta (dried) is not so expensive, but imported wine and cheese are. Thai food is amongst the best in the world, if you are afraid of spicy, just ask for not spicy (mai pet). How are yu going to cook the supermarket ingredients? If you really need to eat American, then there vare lots of AMerican fast food places (McDonald's, Burger King, KFC, etc) - but yuk!

·
Registered
834 Posts
I totally agree should try Thai Food however not sure can i handle the Hot spicy food O Dear!!

Do you have any particular Super Market Chain name in thailand that sell special
International food from USE or UK or Europe ?

Please advice me

Thanks

Daniel,

Just say "nitnoy' chili or Mai Pet and you should be fine. Or, if you really want to save $$$ find a market close by and you can buy already cooked foods including fish, chicken, pork along with rice [sticky, long grain etc] and all sorts of other dishes including curries, fruits and even sweets. They are usually 2/3 [or less] than what you would pay in a restaurant. Most restaurants aren't going to hit you with really spicy food but if in doubt ask a ferang or the waitress.

Serendipity2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.