Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dears,

I received grant for visa 189 on 5/Sep (check signature), and I'm planning to move to Melbourne.

I had a question, as I plan to travel before the end of the year, I need some expert advise on the best time to make the move between (November and January), taking into consideration rental prices and availability of casual/career jobs.

My experience is in Plant/Production Management, so i would ideally be looking for a job in that career

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Bhajjaji

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Dears,

I received grant for visa 189 on 5/Sep (check signature), and I'm planning to move to Melbourne.

I had a question, as I plan to travel before the end of the year, I need some expert advise on the best time to make the move between (November and January), taking into consideration rental prices and availability of casual/career jobs.

My experience is in Plant/Production Management, so i would ideally be looking for a job in that career

Thanks in advance
If your skill is related to a particular project, or is very niche, it's going to be somewhat random. That said it's generally recognised that the summer break and new financial year are somewhat slow when it comes to hiring. So that's would be December/first half January, and end June/early July as dips in activity. Naturally if your skills are in a profession that is seasonal this might not apply.

Regarding rental. It's not scientific but I could swear that prices in winter seem a touch more reasonable. That's just from scanning domain and realestate for Sydney.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts