Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm applying for Software Engineer category 261313

I've done ACS and IELTS

As for now, I've 55 points but as I'm working in the same company so I'll complete my 8 years of experience in November 2014 and my points in November 2014 will be 60.

As per the following website:
SkillSelect

next round of EOI invitations will start on 13 October and then on 27 October.

So what do you recommend me? Should I submit EOI with 55 points right now? As per the history what will be done with my application? Will I get invitation with 55 points?

Should I wait till November 2014 to complete 60 points and then apply for EOI in November 2014?

Is there any chance of my EOI application being rejected because of 55 points?

Your expert opinions will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
942 Posts
hi..u can submit the eoi the moment u get 60 points...60 points is the cutoff for submitting an application for visa 189..
hope this helps..

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'm applying for Software Engineer category 261313

I've done ACS and IELTS

As for now, I've 55 points but as I'm working in the same company so I'll complete my 8 years of experience in November 2014 and my points in November 2014 will be 60.

As per the following website:
SkillSelect

next round of EOI invitations will start on 13 October and then on 27 October.

So what do you recommend me? Should I submit EOI with 55 points right now? As per the history what will be done with my application? Will I get invitation with 55 points?

Should I wait till November 2014 to complete 60 points and then apply for EOI in November 2014?

Is there any chance of my EOI application being rejected because of 55 points?

Your expert opinions will be much appreciated.
There is no point submitting your EOI with 55 points. Firstly, you won't be considered in the queue at all for invitation and secondly, if you update your EOI in November to 60 then your date of effect of your EOI will also change. However, in saying that what I can suggest is start filling your details and all in skillselect and do not submit until you reach 60 points or may be you can makes no difference but make sure to enter correct information. This will help you understand and learn the requirements and other aspects of visa applications. Its completely up to you. It won't cost you a penny.

Try this at your own risk and don't hold me responsible if anything goes wrong.

Or the there is one more thing you can do and this is a bit tricky. Fill up your EOI as per the 60 points as you would do in November, this is under the assumption that you've got your skills assessment, IELTS and everything else is done and you have all the reference number and dates with you and are just waiting for the dates. Then submit your EOI and put it on suspend mode. This will retain your date of effect for EOI. Once you reach your target in November then make the appropriate changes and submit again. This way you will be first in the queue for invitation because of earlier date of effect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts