Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm a big fan of Shawarma since I had for the first time when I was 15. Now currently I've been living in Dubai for quite a long time. I had this mutton shawarma in Al-Ain, Abu Dhabi and trust it was the worst shawarma ever. An Iranian Guy was making it and trust me it was the worst waste of 6 Dirhams. I'll be going to Al-Ain Again.

Can anyone tell me which is the best place for Shawarma? One of my friends told me to visit "Al-Areesh" or something. Anyways, need your suggestions guys.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
My conclusion: they all taste the same.

Al Mallah in Satwa (on 2 December Street - which I still call Al Dhiyafah) is probably the best known on the south side of the creek. At least it used to be as it's been years since I was there.
In Deira, on the north side of Baniyas Square are several shawarma places. Can't remember their names but they're next to each other. At least one of them has a charcoal spit as opposed to the electric spits most places now use.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Meat doesn't taste fresh in UAE, this is the main factor I don't like any meat dishes here. You really can taste the difference. For best Shawarma, go to Georgia or Azerbaijan, worth every penny you will spend for a flight.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With due respect, I disagree. Don't say that the meat isn't fresh... They have the fresh meat that's why the shawarma has such aroma and taste that it attracts you all the way to its restaurant. That is the reason the mutton shawarma finishes more quickly than the chicken one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts