Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best one to get for fairly regular use?
Most importantly I don't want the ones that appear cheap, but then cost a fortune in replacement ink cartridges.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Hi

I have a laser scanner/printer - the initial cost for toner is higher but the cost per page is lower - something to perhaps think about?

Davexf

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

I have a laser scanner/printer - the initial cost for toner is higher but the cost per page is lower - something to perhaps think about?

Davexf
Yes, there appear to be some HP laser printers at decent prices on the Fnac website.

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
Yes, there appear to be some HP laser printers at decent prices on the Fnac website.
Personally, from my experience with that brand of ink-jet printers, I wouldn't touch them with a barge-pole. I go for Canon inkjet these days and have two an MP230 and an MP250. Both use the same cartridges and I get compatibles from Ink Cartridges Online UK Cartridges Supplier - they also do toner for lasers.

·
Registered
958 Posts
What's the best one to get for fairly regular use?
Most importantly I don't want the ones that appear cheap, but then cost a fortune in replacement ink cartridges.
Use Canon printers myself.Found them very reliable and the one I use now has facilities for printing onto CD and DVD discs.For my inks I use http://biggestdiscount.co.uk.I don't usually recommend people but have used Trevor for 5 or 6 years.There is free phone number on his site and he posts to Spain and believe me when I say I have looked at all options and nobody has come closer to his prices.You will also find him on ebay.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I use both Canon and HP - the HP seems to be more economical (but it is newer) and I get my cartridges online at a fraction of the price in Worten, for example...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts