Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Have a look to Intenet Keys; in this period Vodafone is making interesting offers with discounts. Have a look to the website of Vodafone (it)
It not easy to find a connection when you rent a flat, since the connection goes with the phone's company that you choose for the house. Much better using a Key; you can use it everywhere!
This seems like interesting offer. Is it sold around easily?! Or there is a special place to buy such key? (as far as i understand its just like usb device that provides internet connection) Have you used it yourself?

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Freefall
I was in the TIM shop yesterday they still have the 199€ offer for 12 months unlimited usage. I have this it works perfectly and mine is set up with a LAN in the apartment so the USB stick is in the LAN not the notebook, but it works both ways. Really glad i did this because I changed apartments after 3 months and just took it along with me!
Sure Vodaphone and others have exactly the same product types and there are phone shops everywhere.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi Freefall
I was in the TIM shop yesterday they still have the 199€ offer for 12 months unlimited usage. I have this it works perfectly and mine is set up with a LAN in the apartment so the USB stick is in the LAN not the notebook, but it works both ways. Really glad i did this because I changed apartments after 3 months and just took it along with me!
Sure Vodaphone and others have exactly the same product types and there are phone shops everywhere.
Good to know. Do they have any cheaper offers as well or only the one you mention?! (like 3 or 6 month ones?!)

What about the internet speed?

Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Good to know. Do they have any cheaper offers as well or only the one you mention?! (like 3 or 6 month ones?!)

What about the internet speed?

Thanks.
OK, I am not an expert and i don't have any prefernce for TIM, I am sure others have similar offers
I think you can take monthly arrangements 40 hours for 9€ per month, 100 hours for 19€ per month (1st 3 months at 10€) Unlimited 24€ per month (1st 3 months at 10€ per month)
Annual
40 hours per month for 99€ 7.2 MBps. 100 hours a month for 159€ 7.2 MBps. Unlimited 199€ per month 14.4 Mbps
Unlimited doesn't mean unlimited, we watched quite a bit of UK TV for a while and used up the fair usage monthly maximum one month, I don't understand this, but since then I still get lots of usage as I spend quite a lots of hours a month on line inc regular SKYPE calls and news bulletins.
Please do your own research, this is just a non-expert guide.
When I did the deal in the shop, I needed the Codice fiscale and photo ID
Good luck

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
OK, I am not an expert and i don't have any prefernce for TIM, I am sure others have similar offers
I think you can take monthly arrangements 40 hours for 9€ per month, 100 hours for 19€ per month (1st 3 months at 10€) Unlimited 24€ per month (1st 3 months at 10€ per month)
Annual
40 hours per month for 99€ 7.2 MBps. 100 hours a month for 159€ 7.2 MBps. Unlimited 199€ per month 14.4 Mbps
Unlimited doesn't mean unlimited, we watched quite a bit of UK TV for a while and used up the fair usage monthly maximum one month, I don't understand this, but since then I still get lots of usage as I spend quite a lots of hours a month on line inc regular SKYPE calls and news bulletins.
Please do your own research, this is just a non-expert guide.
When I did the deal in the shop, I needed the Codice fiscale and photo ID
Good luck
Thank you for information.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This seems like interesting offer. Is it sold around easily?! Or there is a special place to buy such key? (as far as i understand its just like usb device that provides internet connection) Have you used it yourself?

Thanks
Hi FreeFall! I've never used it myself, since I have a telephone line at home! But I've seen you are collecting many interesting informations here!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello.

I am thinking about moving to Italy this spring/summer and i wanted to hear some opinions/experiences on which cities/places would be the cheapest and most "hospitable" (easier for people with lack of italian language knowladge to navigate).

My original idea was Verona but ,at least in my mind, it seems that its not the cheapest city to live in (or am i wrong?!) so i am looking for options anywhere in the northern Italy region.

My main concerns are the cheaper the better living expenses and low crime rate (although it doesnt seem to be TOO big of an issue in norther side) as well as access to transport like close to big train lines.

Any input would be appricated.

P.s
Any comments on economical situation (i know its not bright as in most of europe or world for that matter) and how people are being affected by it would also be welcomed.
I recommend Turin because it's beautiful clean city.

·
Registered
156 Posts
re ddgg advice on living in abruzzo why anyone would want to live anywhere else is beyond me this is the best kept secret of italy don't let all the italians keep this wonderful region to themselves!!! if you want to live by the sea try Citta San Angelo or further south Vasto fabulous beaches good transportation links and easy access to english speaking social network. glorious scenery relatively cheap property and good local organic food.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi. I am currently living in the US but would like to move to Italy in the near future. I have visited several time and enjoyed the European lifestyle. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on the best places to live on the Adriatic side in central Italy. I am 50 years old and looking for a simple life where I can enjoy the land, sea, fresh food and genuine people. Thanks you for any input!
Hi
I live about 15 miles from the Adriatic coast and find it a wonderful place to live and quite reasonable too, The people are friendly costs are moderate. However, he answer to your question really depends on you mean by a simpe life? It could mean a small rented house with two bedrooms, a small car, eating out a couple of times a month, and a small household budget OR it could mean cutting back on the size of your pool and the number of domestic staff looking after you in your simple mansion. I can speak for the former, you will need to cover expenses of around €2000 per month for two people, a small car, mobile phone, internet etc eating well BUT everyone's lifestyle is different. How about a small seaside town which is full of charm ( and tourists sometimes) Look at Caorle on the net. In most of the Adriatic expect to speak Italian and have some amount of poor weather from November to early March
I came 2 years ago and will have to be taken home in an urn
Good luck

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi. I am currently living in the US but would like to move to Italy in the near future. I have visited several time and enjoyed the European lifestyle. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on the best places to live on the Adriatic side in central Italy. I am 50 years old and looking for a simple life where I can enjoy the land, sea, fresh food and genuine people. Thanks you for any input!
Hi
I live about 15 miles from the Adriatic coast and find it a wonderful place to live and quite reasonable too, The people are friendly costs are moderate. However, he answer to your question really depends on what you mean by a simpe life? It could mean a small rented house with two bedrooms, a small car, eating out a couple of times a month, and a small household budget OR it could mean cutting back on the size of your pool and the number of domestic staff looking after you in your simple mansion. I can speak for the former, you will need to cover expenses of around €2000 per month for two people, a small car, mobile phone, internet etc eating well BUT everyone's lifestyle is different. How about a small seaside town which is full of charm ( and tourists sometimes) Look at Caorle on the net. In most of the Adriatic expect to speak Italian and have some amount of poor weather from November to early March
Good luck

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi
I live about 15 miles from the Adriatic coast and find it a wonderful place to live and quite reasonable too, The people are friendly costs are moderate. However, he answer to your question really depends on what you mean by a simpe life? It could mean a small rented house with two bedrooms, a small car, eating out a couple of times a month, and a small household budget OR it could mean cutting back on the size of your pool and the number of domestic staff looking after you in your simple mansion. I can speak for the former, you will need to cover expenses of around €2000 per month for two people, a small car, mobile phone, internet etc eating well BUT everyone's lifestyle is different. How about a small seaside town which is full of charm ( and tourists sometimes) Look at Caorle on the net. In most of the Adriatic expect to speak Italian and have some amount of poor weather from November to early March
Good luck

21 - 31 of 31 Posts