Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having sorted our property purchase in Corsica, we now need paying punters to supplement my pension.

In your/anyone's experience, where's the best place to advertise holiday lets to the UK and to the European/worldwide market ?

'cos obviously, I don't want to waste money on a site that no-one consults ....

Ta muchly

Hils

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Hils

Thanks to the amazing Ryanair flight prices we are planning to celebrate our 25th Anniversary in Corsica on the 6th July for 3 nights. Would like to find out more about the island and would like to enquire if you have any accomodation available at those times.

Be glad to top up your pension, but that all depends on where you are and what lifestyle we have to contribute to.

Look forward to hearing from you and we will fly into Figari.

Regards

Chris & Diane

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Hils

Thanks to the amazing Ryanair flight prices we are planning to celebrate our 25th Anniversary in Corsica on the 6th July for 3 nights. Would like to find out more about the island and would like to enquire if you have any accomodation available at those times.

Be glad to top up your pension, but that all depends on where you are and what lifestyle we have to contribute to.

Look forward to hearing from you and we will fly into Figari.

Regards

Chris & Diane
Good timing chap(esse)s, I'll be in Corsica then too.

Our places are all on the north-east coast about 2-2.5 hours from Figari; self-contained chalets (mobile homes but not looking like caravans) about 200m from amazing long white sand beaches. Unfortunately, our smartest chalet is let at that time, and I'll be in one of the others. The other one available is directly opposite the one I'll be in, so I can do you three nights for 200Euros all in. (The normal rate is 625E for 7 nights but I'm feeling kind.) The chalets all have basic foodstuffs and enough for the first couple of meals, all bedlinen, bath and beach towels, & a few niceties are included so you'll only need your toothbrushes & a spare pair of knickers! (& a bit of dosh)

I'm assuming it's your first trip to Corsica ? You planning on hiring a car ? Coming up from Figari, you can travel either the coast road from Porto Vecchio, which is pretty & fast(ish) or through the mountains, which is very pretty & slow. The chalets are based just south of the big roundabout at Casamozza, so it's easy to get across to Calvi, Ile Rousse, St Florent (& the Patrimonio vineyards), into the Maquis mountains to Corte & across to Ajaccio, up to Cap Corse and the dramatic coast there, or due south to Bonifacio etc.

If you're interested, you can give me a ring, or email me. There is a website, the info is pretty much all there, but the site presentation is substantially less than I'd hoped for - that's what you get for letting one of your daughter's pals do it as a college project ! www. corse-ofcourse.fr - english version.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hils

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.