Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any suggestions for a nice Valentine's dinner. Maybe a restaurant name with cost and what's included?

Cheers!

·
Registered
247 Posts
one and one ......... beautiul I know a way to access beach it is quite and beautiful....... took my gf there when she came here

·
Banned
598 Posts
Why not cook a meal at home by candle light.

starter
mandarin salad
or
feta salad
or
oysters

Main course
pecan crusted chicken breast
rice pilaf
and a nice green like asparagus or brussel sprouts

desert
chocolate covered strawberries

You can google all the things listed above to find recipes.
Do that and its a garunteed profit

·
Banned
598 Posts
no I think it would cause wind in your sails. get it? flatulence lulz

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Time Out is a magazine and the week before Valentines they always list restaurants with Valentines Day offers.

To me, seem such a cliche to have to go out that night to sit in a restaurant with loads of other couples who must have a good time. The whole single rose for the lady business is cringeworthy & prices are pushed up.

There are far more romantic options than following the herd....

-

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, I know what Time Out is :) They also have a website which is normally very good and informative. That was my first stop before posting here... I didn't know about them only publishing the list one week before though but that will be much too late as things will be booked by then.

As for couples who "must have a good time" that sounds like a different problem all together (not mine though). We're not looking to "follow the heard" but if you (like me and my better half) would like to go out for a nice dinner then this works. Most better restaurants will only offer a Valentine's menu on that day but as not all of them are great I thought a bit of input from previous experiences would be good.

Whatever everyone decides suits them on Valentine's I hope you all have a great day! And oh, I would never give my lady just one rose on Valentine's ;-)

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Thanks, I know what Time Out is :) They also have a website which is normally very good and informative. That was my first stop before posting here... I didn't know about them only publishing the list one week before though but that will be much too late as things will be booked by then.

As for couples who "must have a good time" that sounds like a different problem all together (not mine though). We're not looking to "follow the heard" but if you (like me and my better half) would like to go out for a nice dinner then this works. Most better restaurants will only offer a Valentine's menu on that day but as not all of them are great I thought a bit of input from previous experiences would be good.

Whatever everyone decides suits them on Valentine's I hope you all have a great day! And oh, I would never give my lady just one rose on Valentine's ;-)
Yes, but you'll get more legible info by paying a mere Dhs 7 for the magazine rather then getting limited info online for free. ;) (You'll find that I have given out the weblink on numerous occasions)

Personally I'd rather my husband was romantic on more than just one day a year and wasn't a cliche. Horse for courses....

Advising on the best restaurant in Dubai is tricky without knowing whether you need to stick toone area, type of food you like and your budget. Tel me that & I'll advise.

-

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.