Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my phone is a nokia, and is network locked by vodafone , i bought it in ireland , will it work with vodafone in australia??

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
i believe most operators give free handsets as a package. but u can get the current one unlocked.

·
Registered
82 Posts
thanks everyone for advice, i think i may have to get it unlocked, its a good phone i want to keep it.
Best advice is get your phone unlocked and when u arrive go into a vodafone shop and get a prepaid card,so you can top(as Aussies say recharge)when u want,u will not get bill a/c until u have credit history or a job.
When are you travelling?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
phone

cheers thanks, will be there in 2 weeks, now all the fun is beginning and worry,trying to find appartment in nice neighbourhood close to uni. are you there? how is it?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Best advice is get your phone unlocked and when u arrive go into a vodafone shop and get a prepaid card,so you can top(as Aussies say recharge)when u want,u will not get bill a/c until u have credit history or a job.
When are you travelling?
Hi David

I have a contract with vodafone in the uk and still have 12 months left on the contract, am i able to carry on when i get to oz or are you talking about another company??

Thanks ellisa

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.