Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I was hoping someone who has perhaps walked in my shoes can give me some advice on what are my best odds of finding a job once I graduate in a couple of months.

I am currently on a Student Visa and have been throwing applications out left/right/centre but the few that have gotten back to me have turned me down due to my existing visa.

In general, do employers favour a Temporary Graduate visa before they even take the shot at hiring? I was originally intending to stay for the entirety of my student visa and only apply for a Temp Graduate one if I got a 'yes' from an employer.

How soon am I eligible for applying for a Temp visa? Do I have to be a graduate with a Bachelor's certificate?

I am also considering moving to Sydney where most of the opportunities seemingly are. Would an employer have a preference for hiring someone they can interview face-to-face?

Answers would really help me plan out my decisions over the next few months. Thanks!

·
Registered
460 Posts
If you on a student visa then you are restricted to the 20 hours a week work...which is why you are being rejected. You only get the graduate visa when you have completed your Bachelors degree. So no employer is going to touch you until you have at least completes all your exams for your final term.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you on a student visa then you are restricted to the 20 hours a week work...which is why you are being rejected. You only get the graduate visa when you have completed your Bachelors degree. So no employer is going to touch you until you have at least completes all your exams for your final term.
Yea I'm aware of that, but once the semester ends the restriction is lifted. By then I could start work and proceed to apply for my visa etc... I guess its just too much of a hassle for them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts