Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

We are thinking about moving to Dubai and are collecting in advance as much info as possible.

Our big berni (bernese mountain dog) is part of the family and there is no way he is going to be left behind, unless we find out that Dubai will be totally unhealthy for him :(

Does anyone know or has a bernese who's been moved from a "cool" country to Dubai?

How do they cope with the summer period?

What would it be the best place to look for a villa? Somewhere were we can go for walks with some shadows.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Charita

I'm moving to Dubai in July from the UK and have the same problem. I have a huge 75kg Dogue de Bordeaux. I'm worried he's going to struggle in the heat but he's like a giant baby and there's no way we could leave him behind.

I've been looking at Villas in The Springs and Jumeirah Village Triangle. You will get more villa for your money in JVT but Springs has landscaped gardens and parks which may provide some shade. It all depends on your budget and expectations.

Dubai is unbearably hot in the summer, you would only be able to walk your dog at night. It gets a lot better between November - March but is still very warm.

Hope this helps, keep me updated with how you get on!

Rob

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi there,
And here we were thinking we'd have the biggest dog on the block! One Newfoundland cross and one Black Russian Terrier heading to Dubai in September once we're settled in. From our look around we are thinking of The Springs or The Lakes...bigger and cheaper is tempting in JVT but I think I'd choose landscaping and neighbourhood over that (this said I've spent only moments in each).
We got in touch with Dubai kennels over transporting them and they kindly assured us that dogs do settle in fine here... If you think about it, they just have to do the same adjusting that we have to do - ie spending a whole lotta time in a/c!
I look forward to a mega-sized dog playdate after the summer!

M

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi All,
In case you are still looking I thought I'd let you know how we were finding it...
Just moved into a place in the springs and we're really loving it so far. Our dogs aren't here yet but we've been going for walks and already met a bunch of dogs including a great dane...so there's a few big ones around!
Good Luck with the moves.
M

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.