Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Please can you help me.

I'd like to know which broadband providers come highly recommend.

Like most of you I rely heavily on accessing websites such as these, keeping in touch with friends and family via email and accessing the odd social networking sites from time to time.

I'm looking for a broadband service that rarely crashes, has at least 10Mb download and that doesn't have a monthly Mb cap/usage limit.

Any ideas??

Lloyd.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi All,

Please can you help me.

I'd like to know which broadband providers come highly recommend.

Like most of you I rely heavily on accessing websites such as these, keeping in touch with friends and family via email and accessing the odd social networking sites from time to time.

I'm looking for a broadband service that rarely crashes, has at least 10Mb download and that doesn't have a monthly Mb cap/usage limit.

Any ideas??

Lloyd.
Hi Lloyd, we are with SFR which up to now is very good, not sure about download speed but suits my husband and me, PC's are in use practically 24/7 and there is unlimited usage. Cost is 36.99 euros a month which includes all phonecalls to anywhere worldwide. Used to be with Orange which was 20 euros a month dearer Hope this helps.
Maria:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
We're using Darty, which doesn't seem to have a cap or throttling, and along with a phone it costs us around €40 a month. We've had a very good experience so far - it's only gone down twice in a year, and only briefly each time.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm with Orange as they have an english speaking call centre (my French isn't good enough for phone calls). We pay €33 a month for just broadband, no phone or tv etc.
It is meant to be 8MB download speed but it rarely reaches that. I imagine that being in a dead-end valley high in the Alps doesn't help this much so if you are in a city it should be much faster.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all who responded,

You've all really helped me a lot to come to a decision (or at least shortlist) of who's hot and who's not in broadband terms.

I've decided that I'll be looking for a broadband provider that supplies a phone line service too. Especially if providers such as SFR have free calls worldwide?

Lloyd.

·
Administrator
50,009 Posts
It can depend a bit on your precise location which providers can offer what services. Not all areas are "dégrouppé" - which seems to be the main factor. Most providers have something on their websites where you can put in your phone number (or the phone number of a neighbor or the old phone number from the previous owners or tenants) to see the status of the phone lines.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It can depend a bit on your precise location which providers can offer what services. Not all areas are "dégrouppé" - which seems to be the main factor. Most providers have something on their websites where you can put in your phone number (or the phone number of a neighbor or the old phone number from the previous owners or tenants) to see the status of the phone lines.
Cheers,
Bev
Hi Bev,

You're totally right, it all depends on whether each provider has an unbundled service at the nearest exchange to the customers that is enquiring. This will always determine, speeds and additional services etc.

I used to work in this field myself for a few years and soon realised that it's not always a case of the biggest brands offering the best packages. Thus my initial enquiry I guess.

Thanks again.

Lloyd.

·
Registered
134 Posts
We use Orange and their LiveBox, and are really happy with it. Can't say offhand what the download limit is, but I regularly download multi-MB files (from authors who won't read instructions!!!) without problem. The thing I REALLY like is the phone plan via the LiveBox, which lets us call a large part of the world free (certainly includes Europe and the US; can't recall the rest because I don't use those areas).

Cheers,

K

·
Registered
8 Posts
Numericable is also a good one.
39 euros/month and you get to have many TV channels, the internet and phone calls included (cellphones and international).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can you give me the number for the English call center for Orange. We just got orange and it would be great to have the number for English as we do not speak well enough for telephone calls yet. Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.