Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellows

Finally moving to Australia but still undecided about the city, can't decide between Perth or Melbourne or Brisbane

I am a 7 years experienced mainteance engineer (DCS & Instrumentation) worked in an Oil refinery & Petrochemical etc.Currently working for a multinational O&G consultancy (for offshore platform maintenance) in SE Asia.
I am not looking for alot of money at this moment, just enough to pay the bills. However would be looking for a career oriented job, I do not mind if its an entry level position
I am applying every now and then thru Seek, career one and Linkedin etc but all the replies are either negative or want me to be onshore for initial evaluation.
Need some guidance from other O&G engineers on the forum.
I have already transfered 28k in NAB and would be bringing an additional 5k for initial deposits expenses in cash. So I believe surviving initial 6 months is not going to an issue.
Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey cyberkidpk, I know your post was 3 years ago but there isn't many threads for oil and gas people. Are you keen to share where you are now (which city) and how did you land your first job? I am migrating with my family and would like to apply before relocating there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts