Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get a feel for what towns cities are best to live in?
I prefer Lisbon but my income may not allow it. I have been considering towns outside of Lisbon. I understand there appears to be lots of Brits in central portugal. I would like to be in a place with cafes, restaurants and some cultural life where i am not going to need a car. Our plan is to chuck our cars and just use public transportation. Everytime i go to Portugal that's what i use and i love it, trains, buses.

Thank you
Joao

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would like to get a feel for what towns cities are best to live in?
I prefer Lisbon but my income may not allow it. I have been considering towns outside of Lisbon. I understand there appears to be lots of Brits in central portugal. I would like to be in a place with cafes, restaurants and some cultural life where i am not going to need a car. Our plan is to chuck our cars and just use public transportation. Everytime i go to Portugal that's what i use and i love it, trains, buses.

Thank you
Joao
why not try Estoril or Sintra? 25 to 35km south west off Lisboa

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why not try Estoril or Sintra? 25 to 35km south west off Lisboa
Thanks,
I have been looking also in that area, particularly Estoril. I am not as familiar with Sintra. I know i can take the train to Lisbon from there. Do you have any particula areas of those two regions in mind?:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts