Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have 3 young children 7, 6 & 4 and we are wanting to emigrate to Brisbane. We did think about Perth but job wise Brisbane would be better for myself and my husband so we are told. He is a Quantity Surveyor and I am soon to qualify as a nurse.

We want someone nearish to the beach (driving distance, not directly on it, although that would be nice, lol) good schools, friendly area, parks, lots to do, not too far from Brisbane city itself but anywhere up to an hour would be fine.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hi

have you tried cityhobo? it has info on all areas or use the search option in the forum as this has been discussed in teh past.

·
Registered
541 Posts
We have 3 young children 7, 6 & 4 and we are wanting to emigrate to Brisbane. We did think about Perth but job wise Brisbane would be better for myself and my husband so we are told. He is a Quantity Surveyor and I am soon to qualify as a nurse.

We want someone nearish to the beach (driving distance, not directly on it, although that would be nice, lol) good schools, friendly area, parks, lots to do, not too far from Brisbane city itself but anywhere up to an hour would be fine.

Any ideas?

Libby....happy to hear that Brisbane is better in job wise as i like Brisbane
Thankyou
hari999999
......................................................................................................................
TRA Positive September 2007
Applied Visa 175 April 2008 (Paper visa MODL, CSL ,)
Got CO and Medicals July 2009
MEDICALS and PCC finalized July 30th 2009
Job Verification November 10th 2009
175 VISA GRANDED 22nd December 2009

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi Libby

We have been in brisbane 6 weeks now and i would definately recommend redland bay, which is about 40 minutes from the city. Look at victoria point, wellington point and redland bay. Great suburbs, we want to buy there; great schools, family orientated, lovely areas...its just fab. Anything you want to know just ask.......ellisa.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds lovely Elisa. So you have children? are the state schools good in that area? How far from the coast is it?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Sounds lovely Elisa. So you have children? are the state schools good in that area? How far from the coast is it?
Hi Libby

We have two children ages 9 & 12 so will be going to different schools, as my son will be going to high school. We don't live there yet and are approx 20mins away, so mine will be oing to schools near where i live. You have to be in the catchment to get your child into a state school in your area. Private i don't think matters, the only way you will get them in and you don't live in the catchment, will be if they have a special gift that the school specializes, such as music or sport.

The schools are good at wellington point etc, we like victoria point and there is a lovely primary and high school there. There all on the bay so 5 minutes!!! there are small beaches but there not the best in ozzie standards, great if your thinking of buying a boat in the future! Doesn't matter though as you not far from the good beaches.....gold and sunshine coasts 1 hour away, rainforest 1 hour away, australia zoo, theme parks etc all within easy reach o here.

Your children will have a better life here, it is so family orientated its fantastic...we are never gong back!!!!!.........ellisa:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Best area around Brisbane

Hi Ellisa

Glad your settling in. We have been following your threads for a while now. We have applied to emigrate to Queensland and think your choice of Redland Bay is great. We have been there a few times and all that area known as the Redlands is lovely. When we eventually get our visas we will be definitely moving to Redland Bay. Incidentally Redland Bay has its own State Junior School for your youngest child and the nearest state senior school is Victoria Point High School.
There are also great private schools in the area where both kids could go together but these do have a cost. But they are not as expensive as you may think. It is worth just having a look before you decide. All the schools will let you look around and our kids who are now 11 & 12 even had full days there to see how they liked them whilst we were there on holiday in August 2009. Good luck.
Colleen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts