Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DTCM has confirmed that on the Holy occassion of Eid Al Adha, the Emirate of Dubai will refrain from serving alcohol and holding entertainment activities and parties as of Sunday 13th October from 6pm until Monday 14th October at 7pm. Make sure you keep that in mind when planning your Eid activities!

·
Registered
228 Posts
DTCM has confirmed that on the Holy occassion of Eid Al Adha, the Emirate of Dubai will refrain from serving alcohol and holding entertainment activities and parties as of Sunday 13th October from 6pm until Monday 14th October at 7pm. Make sure you keep that in mind when planning your Eid activities!
gotta raid african eastern then!

·
Registered
40 Posts
It's an important religious holiday celebrated by Muslims worldwide to honour the willingness of the prophet Ibrahim (Abraham) to sacrifice his young first-born son Ismail (Ishmael)a as an act of submission to God's command and his son's acceptance to being sacrificed, before God intervened to provide Abraham with a Lamb to sacrifice instead.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Must say that I have never personally met an Islamic Chinese with Western name before...:cool:
Dubai is a melting pot of xxx number of nationalities and cultures. Everyone living in ......................

·
Registered
831 Posts
Chocoholic said:
Well I plan to fly out on Saturday and back on Thursday , do no problem there!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
'School night' as in the next day is a working day - not everyone gets all these public holidays off, many, many people are still working.
While I find it about absurd the way people seem to have emotional meltdowns anytime there is a dry night here, this is a pointless. Who cares if some people have to work, if the person that wants to go out, or get blasted at home does not have work the next day it is not a school night. The days are holidays, yes some people work on holidays, oh well that is life don't whine. If you don't like it, get another job

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
While I find it about absurd the way people seem to have emotional meltdowns anytime there is a dry night here, this is a pointless. Who cares if some people have to work, if the person that wants to go out, or get blasted at home does not have work the next day it is not a school night. The days are holidays, yes some people work on holidays, oh well that is life don't whine. If you don't like it, get another job
Gees, throw your toys out the pram much? I was merely clarifying - keep yer wig on.

FYI I love my job - bet it's better than yours!

The purpose of the thread was for INFORMATION purposes. No need for jumping up and down and getting your oversized y-fronts in a wad.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Name

Must say that I have never personally met an Islamic Chinese with Western name before...:cool:
Name is just a name...I have met lots of "Mohamed" guessing you must have the same experience like that.
And I am not an Islamic member either. Sorry to disappoint you.:)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts