Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone know if you can buy Beeswax Polish anywhere in the Paphos area?...We have quite a few bits of wooden furniture which are starting to suffer from a lack of a good hard waxing...

We have a friend going back to Blighty very soon but we'd rather not burden them with having to find the aforementioned polish - obscure items can be fun to find...especially if you've not a lot of time on your hols!!

Any help would be appreciated

Dave

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Indeed...I popped into the Euro shop near to Debenhams & asked if they had any - the owner mentioned that he used to work in the Home Center & it was stocked there...so I hot footed it to Debs & am now the proud owner of a bottle of Beeswax...result!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
bees wax

Glad you got the beeswax Dave, I watched a documentary once about weird things people do, and on there was a guy who collected his own earwax and used it on his furniture!!!!!!

Cheers:eek:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I've heard similar - someone I knew many years ago used to make it into candles...scented ones yes, earwax candles...Mmmmmmm!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
beeswax

Bet that had a unique smell......ugh, I suppose we could.......... wax lyrical about that! or better still............polish it off.:banplease:

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts