Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Been in us for awhile need help geting back to uk cheap ticket help paying
Been in us for awhile need to go back to sheffield, uk. Need to know what I will have to do no longer want to live here in the US I have a wife here. Will my national Insurance Number be still valid and will it have enough paids in for unemployment to live on as I have somewhere to live I worked for 15 years before I made the move to the US. please tell me anything I would need to know
Regards Craig
PS is there anyway of getting cheap tickets back to the UK as I do not have much mmoney.
SNIP/

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Hi Craig, I don't quite know what you mean about "help with cheap ticket" however I'm sure if you use something like Skyscanner you will get a good price.

Yes your national insurance number is still valid.

You will have to sponsor your wife if she does not have UK citizenship already and there are certain requirements for you to meet.

G

·
Been in us for awhile need help geting back to uk cheap ticket help paying
Been in us for awhile need to go back to sheffield, uk. Need to know what I will have to do no longer want to live here in the US I have a wife here. Will my national Insurance Number be still valid and will it have enough paids in for unemployment to live on as I have somewhere to live I worked for 15 years before I made the move to the US. please tell me anything I would need to know
Regards Craig
PS is there anyway of getting cheap tickets back to the UK as I do not have much mmoney.
SNIP/
When did you last live in the UK? to claim unemployment you need to have paid NI for specific recent years and be habitually resident. If you have been away some years you wont qualify.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks hertsfem & Shel
Going back the Sheffield,UK on my own. been in the states for 15 years, worked for 15 years before I left,
Regards Craig

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.