Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an incredibly delicious sandwich from the beach bar at hotel in Sharm. Was made with beef ham. The flavor and texture was so close to ham, I could hardly tell the difference.

The chef showed me the package it came in and the brand name is Shahayah. I forgot to ask him if he knew where it could be bought here in Egypt, though. Anyone know?

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
Had an incredibly delicious sandwich from the beach bar at hotel in Sharm. Was made with beef ham. The flavor and texture was so close to ham, I could hardly tell the difference.

The chef showed me the package it came in and the brand name is Shahayah. I forgot to ask him if he knew where it could be bought here in Egypt, though. Anyone know?

Maison Thomas must use the same.. I took someone there for Hawaiian pizza and when I tasted it I thought omg it is pork ham and has another sneaky look at the menu just as my friends said.. Is this pork? and her being Muslim I was happy to say. NO I would not do that to you .

·
Super Moderator
1,784 Posts

Think this must be the same as what the hotels serve on the breakfast buffets but i have always known it as beef bacon.....if it is the same thing then i used to buy it from the deli counter at Metro.:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts