Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi do you think running a bed and breakfast would be any good we are looking in Andalusia, Almería, Antas any advise would be appricated :)

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
hi do you think running a bed and breakfast would be any good we are looking in Andalusia, Almería, Antas any advise would be appricated :)
Maybe, but you'd have steep competition from the hotels who are all suffering in the recession and having to reduce their prices apparently. But maybe there is room in the market if you can offer something different ??? I guess its a matter of working out what your outgoings and costs would be and how you would attract your guests.
Jo xxx

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
how do you no that thay do well with there bed and breakfast( any help !:D
Cos they're personal friends of mine.

However, unlike many opportunists who've never had any experience in the hospitalty industry, they've had a lifetimes's experience of running and owning country pubs/hotels in Britain.

So they came to the table with the cards already stacked......plus they work very, very hard at making it a success.

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
However, sorry to be "mrs doom, gloom and reality" you do have to register your intention with the local Town Hall/Ayuntamiento and of course, being Spain that wont be easy, cheap or straighforward I wouldnt have thought!!!!????

I'll get me coat.....

Jo xxxx

·
Registered
19,438 Posts
[

If you want to do smth like a B&B, as Jo says, you'll have to do loads of paperwork, apart from adapting or building a property. Obviously that takes money, but I think Jo and I are thinking of the time element too.
And before you open, after you open, and all the time you're open you'll need to do LOADS of advertising, not just have a web page; magazines, newspapers etc etc. I've seen so many business go under since I've been here (long before the present crisis) and I never saw any advertising for probably 90% of them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cos they're personal friends of mine.

However, unlike many opportunists who've never had any experience in the hospitalty industry, they've had a lifetimes's experience of running and owning country pubs/hotels in Britain.

So they came to the table with the cards already stacked......plus they work very, very hard at making it a success.
thank you for replying the advice has been very helpfull lets just hope that business keeps working for your friends what with the recesuion good luck to them ! and many more business to fleur:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[

If you want to do smth like a B&B, as Jo says, you'll have to do loads of paperwork, apart from adapting or building a property. Obviously that takes money, but I think Jo and I are thinking of the time element too.
And before you open, after you open, and all the time you're open you'll need to do LOADS of advertising, not just have a web page; magazines, newspapers etc etc. I've seen so many business go under since I've been here (long before the present crisis) and I never saw any advertising for probably 90% of them.
thanks for advice i would do lots of advertising ! we are luck to have a good internet business to :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.