Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I have written before about this so excuse me if I repeat myself. I am trying to obtain a copy of my parents marriage certificate from 1957 in Nairobi, Kenya. I have written to a couple of places and no response. I do have the original, but it is tattered and I am worried that it may get lost in the mail. I was wondering if I could make a copy of it and have it notarized and send that in along with my forms?

Thank you for any insight!

Amoco

·
Registered
39,123 Posts
From your previous post, you are trying to get British passport on the basis of descent from a British father. In 1957, Kenya was still under British rule so it's quite likely that their marriage record was sent on to UK to be lodged at the General Register Office. You can consult their overseas marriage record for a price, and order a certificate from them. See Looking for records of a birth, marriage or death at sea or abroad | The National Archives
A copy is unlikely to be acceptable as it's a crucial document to establish your British citizenship.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joppa for the info. I had a feeling that a copy would not suffice but thought it was worth asking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.