Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks... Can anybody out there help me please

I have been an ifa in the uk but got made redundant at Christmas

I am moving to Spain and looking at jobs but as I haven't been working for several months I haven't been able to keep up payments on my credit cards in the uk - I have just had a default registered even though I agreed reduced payments - basically my rating is poor although I have made arrangements to make lower payments..

Would anyone know if this would stop me getting registration as an expat ifa in Spain? I'm not sure what the fsa equivalent is like there?

Also I suspect some expat ifa companies may also be registered with the fsa - ant idea if they would give me authorisation

I would like to point out that I'm not running away from my credit - I am still going to pay my debts off!

Many thanks

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Hi folks... Can anybody out there help me please

I have been an ifa in the uk but got made redundant at Christmas

I am moving to Spain and looking at jobs but as I haven't been working for several months I haven't been able to keep up payments on my credit cards in the uk - I have just had a default registered even though I agreed reduced payments - basically my rating is poor although I have made arrangements to make lower payments..

Would anyone know if this would stop me getting registration as an expat ifa in Spain? I'm not sure what the fsa equivalent is like there?

Also I suspect some expat ifa companies may also be registered with the fsa - ant idea if they would give me authorisation

I would like to point out that I'm not running away from my credit - I am still going to pay my debts off!

Many thanks
You'll be very unlikely to find work in Spain cos there isnt any. Also I suspect, regardless of your credit situation, your qualifications or association with the FSA wouldnt count for anything. And no, you wouldnt be running from your debts cos they would find you in Spain the minute you tried to do anything official if you didnt tell them.

Jo xxx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies - yes I have a job offer but have been worried about the credit situation

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Thanks for your replies - yes I have a job offer but have been worried about the credit situation
As long as you talk to your creditors and keep them informed and in contact so that you can pay them back, there shouldnt be a problem. Just dont try to disappear, they seem to be able to find anyone anywhere these days - Europes a small place

Jo xx

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not an expert in this field, but I would be very surprised if the FSA have anything to do with your new company if they are registered outside of the UK.

Well in fact the FSA only have regulatory control of entities registered in the UK, so unless it's a UK company with offices in Spain you are probably OK.

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Thanks jp1 and jo - very handy... And no I'm not planning on doing a runner!!
I know, altho it would be nice wouldnt it lol!!!! But these things have a way of finding you eventually!

Welcome to the forum by the way

Jo xxx

·
Registered
22,362 Posts
If you are 'independent' yet are attached to a company.....wouldn't you be expected to push their financial products?

Just asking..:)

And also because I received £6k plus in compensation because a product I was sold by an IFA was in fact not 'independent'.....

The whole set-up confuses me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts