Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...no, not physically beating! I wondered if anyone ha any words of advice on avoiding this 5% levy they put on renting and where to start looking. I arrive in Dubai next week and will be working at the knowledge village near Jumeirah so want to find a place nearby.

Cheers!

·
Registered
133 Posts
...no, not physically beating! I wondered if anyone ha any words of advice on avoiding this 5% levy they put on renting and where to start looking. I arrive in Dubai next week and will be working at the knowledge village near Jumeirah so want to find a place nearby.

Cheers!
U could try Physical beating. Otherwise from what i know they have to make their own bread as well. I might be well off.

·
Registered
27 Posts
get the agents to show you around a few places so you get an idea of what's available

then try to find a private landlord somewhere like dubizzle or ask the security in the buildings you are interested in. Just make sure you see the landlord's title deed from Dubai Land Dept before you hand over the cheque(s).

Agents here do extremely little for 5% so well worth cutting them out!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Agree with the above, try to narrow your search down to a couple of buildings that you are interested in and then have a word with the security guards as they often have the landlords contact number.

Also stay well clear of Dubai Waterfront Properties as they not only changed my contract at the last moment, after i had proof read what they told me I was signing, but they also accepted a faked contract for renewal despite me having paid them to do it legally. Very untrustworthy company!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
get the agents to show you around a few places so you get an idea of what's available

then try to find a private landlord somewhere like dubizzle or ask the security in the buildings you are interested in. Just make sure you see the landlord's title deed from Dubai Land Dept before you hand over the cheque(s).

Agents here do extremely little for 5% so well worth cutting them out!
:mad:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm guessing Kerry13 is possibly, just maybe, dunno why I think this but perhaps.... an agent?
Close.... I was an agent

I wish I could of charged for the amount of people who did waste my time and petrol or cheated the agent ;-) then I could of retired one day rather than having to resign

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
you should qualify people before doing viewings, so they don't waste your time?

if you have a relationship with the owner they cant cheat you?

·
Registered
47 Posts
you should qualify people before doing viewings, so they don't waste your time?

if you have a relationship with the owner they cant cheat you?

NCFC

I will gladly advise you as much as i can i arrived here late Wdenesday evening and started my quest Thursday morning. I did my homework before moving out here and thought I was organised and prepared when in reality nothing is as written out here< I had my areas buildings compounds etc all in my head when infact half of them were building sites, pits! full of undesirables shall i say and so forth. The guy I eventually used from an agency was worth his weight in gold and was a real asset to have and yet the others were a total waste of time and energy. Be assured if you telephone anything of dubizzle the agents will ALL OFFER YOU THE DREAM HOME which is only 50% true. I will gladly help and advise as much as i can my first advice will be to get a mobile phone over here otherwise you are destined to wait in your hotel room. I have now signed a contract in the Marina which suits all my needs and not an agents.

Regards
Paula

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.