Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Iam looking for a beach volleyball group (not duplay) who plays every weekend.

I used to play beach volleyball regularly in Singapore and wondering if there are groups who bring their own nets and setup the court on the beach and play? I do have my own net and court and will be bringing it up here in a month or two from singapore.

Let me know if there is a existing group or else its time to make our own group if we have enough people to start with.

I still dont have local number, just a newbie in dubai (5 days old) :p

cheers

nick

·
Registered
394 Posts
On JBR Beach next to Hilton (opp. ihop and the paid car park), there's some volleyball always being played during the weekends. I think it's a show up and play type thing, I am not sure tho, but most of the time the level of play is beginner, atleast from when i have seen them play.

Kite beach weekends are filled with vball games, some skilled players over there.

Try out Duplays, you dont need to pay upfront, you should check into the Tuesday night games starting next week at Barasti, it gets pretty intense sometimes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My first attempt to locate kite beach was futile. Was walking on the beach around burj arab. Anyways its bloody windy there andvwas wondering how they play vb there :)

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
My first attempt to locate kite beach was futile. Was walking on the beach around burj arab. Anyways its bloody windy there andvwas wondering how they play vb there :)
Kite beach is North of Burj al Arab.

If it was yesterday afternoon, try looking up....
I counted 63 kites in the air at one point.

Can't miss it!

·
Registered
479 Posts
If you travel along Jumeira Reach Road, you will find Kite Beach further past Burj Al Arab, past Sunset Beach. One landmark is a building called Saga World, turn down there and head to the beach and you will come across the volleyball courts and gym area.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
If you travel along Jumeira Reach Road, you will find Kite Beach further past Burj Al Arab, past Sunset Beach. One landmark is a building called Saga World, turn down there and head to the beach and you will come across the volleyball courts and gym area.
For clarity - this is if you are heading North....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok found the kite beach and joined some russian guys who were playing 2x2. After two games a group of arabic speaking blokes came and a little fight broke out between russians n the other guys. If thats the situation for public courts here then I will be glad when my own net will arrive in a month.

Time to look for other areas than kite beach

·
Registered
831 Posts
nick_rx said:
Ok found the kite beach and joined some russian guys who were playing 2x2. After two games a group of arabic speaking blokes came and a little fight broke out between russians n the other guys. If thats the situation for public courts here then I will be glad when my own net will arrive in a month.

Time to look for other areas than kite beach
They play volleyball at Oceana most weekends

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Iam looking for a beach volleyball group (not duplay) who plays every weekend.

I used to play beach volleyball regularly in Singapore and wondering if there are groups who bring their own nets and setup the court on the beach and play? I do have my own net and court and will be bringing it up here in a month or two from singapore.

Let me know if there is a existing group or else its time to make our own group if we have enough people to start with.

I still dont have local number, just a newbie in dubai (5 days old) :p

cheers

nick
hi bro, my name is saud.. i gather with friends on the beach every saturday.. we play from 6 till 10 pm

message and i'll send u my contact details if u're interested

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
hi bro, my name is saud.. i gather with friends on the beach every saturday.. we play from 6 till 10 pm

message and i'll send u my contact details if u're interested
This thread is over a year old, don't be disappointed if you don't receive a reply.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
hahaha i noticed after posting a reply..
well now you know about our volley games, you should join!
Oh you so wouldn't want me on your team hahaha! I'm the proverbial "butterfingers" (British term meaning I can't catch for toffee - another Brit saying hahaha). Anyways, you never know, reviving the thread may result in other people being interested...:fingerscrossed:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts