Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm now officailly moving to Dubai at the end of August!

Luckily my employer is providing accomodations and a car for the first month, but I would like to start doing some research into places to live.

I already know that Dubai Marina is a good spot for young professionals working in the DIFC and Downtown Dubai is also a good option for work.

What I'd like to know is if there is anywhere that will provide me with proper beach living. I'm thinking of the sort of place where I can get up early in the morning and go for a run on the beach. I'd also like to have a really nice view of the sea and a bright airy flat.

Can anyone suggest any good areas or buildings that provide for that sort of lifestyle?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Where will you be working? What's your budget?

Al Bateen Residences in JBR look nice and have their own beach.

On the Palm Jumeirah the apartment blocks with their own beach are:
Shoreline (on the right hand side), Tiara, Oceana and Fairmont. You can get sea view in all of these but you obviously pay for the view.

Check out the above on Dubbizzle, Propertyfinder and Justrentals to get an idea.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where will you be working? What's your budget?

Al Bateen Residences in JBR look nice and have their own beach.

On the Palm Jumeirah the apartment blocks with their own beach are:
Shoreline (on the right hand side), Tiara, Oceana and Fairmont. You can get sea view in all of these but you obviously pay for the view.

Check out the above on Dubbizzle, Propertyfinder and Justrentals to get an idea.
Thanks!

I'll be working in the DIFC and my budget is up to AED140000 for a 1 bed.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
You have a very healthy budget for a 1-bedroom apartment.

The only beaches where you can go for a run is in Jumeirah-Umm Suqeim, where a rubberised running track was recently built alongside the beaches for several kilometers. Unfortunately there are preciously few apartments within easy reach, although it is a lovely part of town. Mostly villas. There are a few complexes but they are extremely expensive.

The Palm has a rubberised running track but it goes along the spine, not the beaches.

All in all, the Palm is probably closest to what you're looking for. Better access to DIFC than the Marina as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cf I'm a Scottish Lawyer looking to relocate to Dubai. Do you mind my asking what field you worked in, where you worked and how easy it was to find a transferable job in Dubai?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts