Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have friends visiting me from the uk and are wanting to tour dubai. I have pplanned certain activities but they are wanting go to a few beach clubs to relax and party at the same. Can anyone recommend a few with a really good atmosphere at the end of October? And prices if possible?

Regards
Cherry

·
Registered
21 Posts
Barasti is free
Blue Marlin is usually free unless there is a guest DJ on
Nasimi Beach is also free unless a guest is on later.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sandance is on the 11th October. Looks quite good if you're into that sort of music.
Tickets are selling pretty fast though. There's another one on the 15th November. (At Atlantis)

www.sandance.ae

·
Registered
306 Posts
Barasti is the easiest and most convenient. Haven't been to Blue Marlin but I hear it's good, although a bit far.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Blue Marlin is very good, Barasti is not even mentionable in the same line as Blue marlin. yes, its out of town, 20 mins from Marina towards Abu Dhabi, worth the drive.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Blue Marlin is very good, Barasti is not even mentionable in the same line as Blue marlin. yes, its out of town, 20 mins from Marina towards Abu Dhabi, worth the drive.
"Worth the drive."

Therein being the problem when discussing a bar.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Anyone know what'd be a rough cost by taxi from JLT/Marina? Or are there any shuttle buses?

·
Registered
864 Posts
They do... 180 I think, and you have to book two days in advance...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yes, it's in the emirate of Abu Dhabi, but so is Al Ain, but nobody refers to Al Ain as Abu Dhabi. Blue Marlin is in Ghantoot.

Obviously, drinking and driving is a no no, so arrange for transportation, while getting dropped off in a cab is do-able, coming back home in the late hours of the night is tough, you will pay a steep price negotiating with the white lexus cab cars. Having a designated driver would be the ideal thing imo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts