Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations on nice beach areas with good (relatively speaking) internet connections? Is there such a place?

·
Registered
116 Posts
My wife's cousins live at La Union province right on the beachfront. They have good internet connection (PLDT) there. San Fernando (the capital) has a decent size population of expats, mostly Army retirees. A plus is the surfing to be had at San Juan.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I take my internet with me! I've got two of the little "pocket wifi" gadgets (one for each of the two major broadband services). As long as I've got a cell signal for one of them, I've got my internet!

·
Registered
998 Posts
I take my internet with me! I've got two of the little "pocket wifi" gadgets (one for each of the two major broadband services). As long as I've got a cell signal for one of them, I've got my internet!
Do you pay for monthly service on each or pre-pay?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Do you pay for monthly service on each or pre-pay?
No. Both are prepaid sims. I put and use load only as needed. 24 hrs unlimited internet is only p50. I have a wireless router on home service which is monthly and many of the local places have free wifi so I only use the pocket units when traveling or in area without internet and then only if using tablet/notebook. Otherwise I just activate mobile internet on my android phone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts