Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
U.K.
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are coming!

We exchanged on our house 10 minutes ago, complete 9th December.

On Monday I hand in 3 months notice at work

We plan to book the Santandar ferry - They have "pet family" cabins, for the 21st February - and then drive to Extremadura.

So now its all NIE, Health, residencia etc etc etc What Joy!

xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
746 Posts
Congratulations!

That's an extremely fast completion date from exchange of contracts. I'm not far off exchanging contracts and wouldn't expect a completion date until after Christmas from talking to my solicitor. Which is fine, because I still have a lot to do!

You must be getting very exited!

·
Registered
U.K.
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations!

That's an extremely fast completion date from exchange of contracts. I'm not far off exchanging contracts and wouldn't expect a completion date until after Christmas from talking to my solicitor. Which is fine, because I still have a lot to do!

its all about Timing, Timing and Timing, we did not want to complete 2014. that way do not fall into the CGT trap when we move in February

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
When we first moved to Spain, some friends who lived there gave us some advice, which was sooooo true "always expect the unexpected"

Jo xxx

·
Registered
19,394 Posts
We are coming!

On Monday I hand in 3 months notice at work

We plan to book the Santandar ferry - They have "pet family" cabins, for the 21st February - and then drive to Extremadura.

So now its all NIE, Health, residencia etc etc etc What Joy!

xxxxxxxx
Hope everything works out for you.

Be prepared to meet some snow on your journey down. I don't know if you know it, but the A67 out of Santander is beautiful and a lovely welcome into Spain :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hi & many congratulations, cambio :)

The pet friendly cabins sound interesting. Are you able to keep your pet with you, at all times ?

·
Registered
U.K.
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi & many congratulations, cambio :)

The pet friendly cabins sound interesting. Are you able to keep your pet with you, at all times ?
Yes, and for dogs they have an exercise deck it is on one particular boat which sails about 3x a month which is why we have booked it now. We are allowed to take both the cats into the cabin. We are using cat baskets to get them from car to cabin and then have 2 dog crates for them to spend time in. 24 hours is a long time and at least we can have regular contact with them!

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
Congratulations!

Why? Normally, you exchange and complete 28 days later unless you vary things by mutual agreement.

·
Administrator
36,524 Posts
Why? Normally, you exchange and complete 28 days later unless you vary things by mutual agreement.
we actually exchanged & completed on the sale of our UK property on the same day!!

when I sold my dad's house we completed two weeks after exchange

·
Registered
412 Posts
It's quite usual to exchange and complete on the same day. The extra time is usually needed for the bank or mortgage company to do additional checks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts