Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes after all those Swedish, Wallander detective series - BBC4 is going into the Spanish detective drama scene
this summer with the Mystery Thriller - Sé Quién Eres ( I Know Who You Are )

For those Expats who might have seen the original premier of Sé Quién Eres on Spanish TV channel Telecinco
from January to May this year but couldn't follow the Spanish dialogue - Now's the time to see the complete
series on BBC4 with English subtitles.

BBC4 acquisitions are delighted to announce the screening of I Know Who You Are - this summer

The Spanish thriller started being broadcast on BBC4 on Saturday, 15th July and have been televising two
episodes at once every Saturday since 15th July.
Anyway for those keen to watch the series from the start. You can watch the early episodes you missed on
BBC I-Player on the link below.
Please note the first 2 episodes are still available with 9 days left to view them.

Spanish mystery thriller - Sé Quién Eres ( I Know Who You Are ) on BBC catch-up I-Player

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
I'm still hoping that BBC4 will also look at acquiring and showing the Dr Mateo series with English subtitles.
Well, it might be easier to learn Spanish ... :D

A good tip for learners is to turn on the Spanish subtitles for the deaf, then you can read as well as hear what they are saying.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Well, it might be easier to learn Spanish ... :D

A good tip for learners is to turn on the Spanish subtitles for the deaf, then you can read as well as hear what they are saying.
Good idea, my ears tend to switch off though and I just read. Not very good at multi tasking:D

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Good idea, my ears tend to switch off though and I just read. Not very good at multi tasking:D
I find that too with subtitles, I just read them rather than listening to what's being said, so they're a distraction. When I stay with my aunt in the UK, who is very deaf, she always has the subtitles on the TV and I can't even listen to the dialogue in English very well.:)

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I Know Who You Are - Spanish TV thriller series returns to BBC 4 tonight

Sé Quién Eres ( I Know Who You Are ) returns to the BBC tonight with a 2nd Series starting at 10pm ( that's 11pm CET
on BBC4 ) straight after The Gunpowder Plot.

Again the TV thriller series will be shown in Spanish with English subtitles, with BBC 4 repeating their previous arrangement
of showing 2 episodes at once every Saturday night.

With Sé Quién Eres being filmed on location in Barcelona and other locations in Catalonia, with the Catalan Police
( the Mossos d'Esquadra ) again featuring in a supporting role.
Fans of the series will no doubt be keeping a keen eye open for any tell tale signs of the Catalan Crisis appearing in the
second series. With it being filmed in the same year, as the run up to the ( illegal ? ) referendum on Catalan Independence,
so watch out for those Spanish and Catalan flags on the balconies.

BBC 4 - Spanish TV thriller - I Know Who You Are returns for a second series

For those that missed the first series of I Know Who You Are. It's still amazingly, all available on BBC I-player on the
link above.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
With all the people using VPNs or illegally receiving it thru 1+ meter sat dishes I would be surprised they have the money to afford the rights.
There's one major flaw in your arguement about whether it's illegal to watch BBC programs from abroad - name me the law -
either English law or EU law that specifically state's that this is an illegal act; as far as the British TV licence is concerned !!

For no doubt you will find that the only law breaking that goes on, is if a UK resident is watching BBC programs either on TV
or over the internet without a valid UK TV licence.
Therefore anyone who is deemed to be a Non UK resident are not required and are in fact exempt from having or holding
a British TV licence; to watch BBC programs from abroad.

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
Well, that's one hour of my life I'll never get back. Couldn't face the second part.
I thought it was dire.
Poor acting, wooden dialogue, silly plot and certainly not a 'drama'.
Much prefer the Scandi noir or French flic.
Hope 'Gomorrah' or 'Engrenages' returns soon.
Or even better, another seriies of the splendid 'Borgen'.
Sobre los gustos...'

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
Well, that's one hour of my life I'll never get back. Couldn't face the second part.
I thought it was dire.
Sobre los gustos...'
Engrenages S6 is currently showing in France so should be on the Beeb soon. :)

Did you watch the first series of I know who you are? This one won't make much sense if you didn't!

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I thought it was dire.
Sobre los gustos...'
Just choked on my coffee:laugh:

·
Registered
22,369 Posts
Engrenages S6 is currently showing in France so should be on the Beeb soon. :)

Did you watch the first series of I know who you are? This one won't make much sense if you didn't!
No, it did occur to me that it might have made more sense if I had!!

But I just couldn't get into it. So I switched off and found a book someone had left (cant think who) about the Abdication and the lives of the Windsors. It was written by some Eton educated sycophant who was able to refer to Sir Oswald and Lady Diana Mosley as if they were normal dinner guests...
I am now even more determined to be a Republican when the Queen dies. What a horrible family.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I am now even more determined to be a Republican when the Queen dies. What a horrible family.
Indeed! News this morning of the Queen's offshore investment in BrightHouse who's been accused of overcharging customers and taking advantage of people with mental health problems and learning disabilities. Just outrageous!

I wouldn't wait until she dies; they need to be thrown out sooner than later. Scum-suckers!

https://www.theguardian.com/news/20...vate-estate-invested-offshore-paradise-papers

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Well fortunately you both have Jeremy Corbyn to spread the gospel of International Neo-Marxist Anti-Capitalism in
Brexit Britain.

Personally I preferred Wolfie Smith - the Che Guevara wannabe of the Tooting Popular Front.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Indeed! News this morning of the Queen's offshore investment in BrightHouse who's been accused of overcharging customers and taking advantage of people with mental health problems and learning disabilities. Just outrageous!

I wouldn't wait until she dies; they need to be thrown out sooner than later. Scum-suckers!

https://www.theguardian.com/news/20...vate-estate-invested-offshore-paradise-papers
This disgusting company not only preys on the people you have mentioned in your post, they also prey on people who are on benefits and cannot get credit for necessary white goods (and other items) and give them credit which they can barely afford each week but with extortionate interest rates which means that the interest is nearly as much or sometimes more than the value of the goods.

The high street scandal that makes the poor pay more for less | The Independent

But while they appear to be making such items affordable to those who may otherwise have to do without, they’re raking in the profits by charging vulnerable people as much as three times the price charged by normal retailers.

For example, the cheapest washing machine at Brighthouse could cost as much as £1,056 if someone paid weekly over three years. Yet, a similar model with the same service cover can be found for just £350 on the high street, according to a new report from think tank the Financial Inclusion Centre.
BrightHouse: Rent-to-own firm agrees to pay £14.8m for mistreating consumers | The Independent

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Sorry to interrupt, much though I would like to reenact The English Civil War - at the end of the day - what has all today's
posts got to do with the Spanish TV thiller - I know who you are ??

:focus:

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I thought it was dire.
Sobre los gustos...'
I saw just the thing for you advertised on SKY Murder on the Blackpool Express;):)

I trust Willams will fill us in when it's shown.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts