Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you drink alcohol at the beaches near Barracuda? I and some friends are planning to visit the place to spend time on the beaches but we don't wish to carry liquor with us to Dubai. We just want to drink a little booze and spend time in a pool or on the beach. Is that possible or do we have to make reservations at the resort?

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Can you drink alcohol at the beaches near Barracuda? I and some friends are planning to visit the place to spend time on the beaches but we don't wish to carry liquor with us to Dubai. We just want to drink a little booze and spend time in a pool or on the beach. Is that possible or do we have to make reservations at the resort?
As long as you buy their liquor, why not?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh come on, pay the money to visit the pool, buy from the bar, don't take the pi$$

They aren't a charity.
Well this resort is in the UAE which has strict liquor consumption laws. I hope you and I are on the same page. And this isn't like other countries where you can use their pools if you buy alcohol from them.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Well this resort is in the UAE which has strict liquor consumption laws. I hope you and I are on the same page. And this isn't like other countries where you can use their pools if you buy alcohol from them.
Barracuda beach resort and the booze shop are, whilst adjacent to each other, kept as two separate entities.

I presume that you're asking on here because you CALLED them to ask and maybe didn't get the answer you were looking for.

When you go to a restaurant - do you take your own drinks or do you buy them there? Same principal applies here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts