Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just been offererd a job working in one of the gyms in Dubai, when I read the contract the salary was really poor (half what I'm on in the UK). I thought I would still go for the job though as it would get me into the country and I could look for another job with better pay once I am there.
When I read the terms of the contract it said "if I resigned from the company within the first 12 months I could be banned from working in the UAE for 12 months".

How true is this? Do all companies in Dubai operate the same policy or is it just a scare tactic to stop people leaving??

Kev

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
I've just been offererd a job working in one of the gyms in Dubai, when I read the contract the salary was really poor (half what I'm on in the UK). I thought I would still go for the job though as it would get me into the country and I could look for another job with better pay once I am there.
When I read the terms of the contract it said "if I resigned from the company within the first 12 months I could be banned from working in the UAE for 12 months".

How true is this? Do all companies in Dubai operate the same policy or is it just a scare tactic to stop people leaving??

Kev
If you are outside of a free zone you can receive a six month ban if you leave a company.

Do not take a job with such poor pay. Why move for half of what you are receiving now?

-

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are outside of a free zone you can receive a six month ban if you leave a company.

Do not take a job with such poor pay. Why move for half of what you are receiving now?

-
Its ok I wasnt going to accept it. I was actually offended by how much they were offering

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.