Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Like everyone I don't get paper statements, all on line. I'm acting as a financial sponsor for my partner on a Tourist visa when she visits for a week in February.

How do I get round this?

I can export to CSV but that's hardly fool proof as anyone could make it up. O

Obviously I'll submit scans of payslips too but they seem insistent on 6 months worth of bank statements too?

Can I simply print the statement and save each one to PDF, then send all the pdf's over to my partner? (going to be a lot of files!).

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Like everyone I don't get paper statements, all on line. I'm acting as a financial sponsor for my partner on a Tourist visa when she visits for a week in February.

How do I get round this?

I can export to CSV but that's hardly fool proof as anyone could make it up. O

Obviously I'll submit scans of payslips too but they seem insistent on 6 months worth of bank statements too?

Can I simply print the statement and save each one to PDF, then send all the pdf's over to my partner? (going to be a lot of files!).
Bank statements need to be either bank originals (many banks can order these for you), in bank print outs (these need to be stamped in the bank) or online print outs (also need to be stamped by the bank). Simply providing online statements will not be sufficient.

Edit: Just read that this is for sponsoring a tourist. I would imagine these rules still apply tho perhaps wait for additional clarification.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I see my bank charge £5 for these. I assume I can go in and request it, they stamp, I scan and send?

Although if it's overkill for a tourist sponsor I'll be most happy!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
As financial sponsorship is one of the crucial factors in assessing the merit of a visit visa application, they can't take any chances with financial documents, as online printouts can be falsified to show much bigger balance than what is available.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I appreciate the input from you both.

Can I ask an opinion Joppa -

The past 6 months my bank account tends to fill from pay, then trickle back down to 0 (occasionally dips into an agreed over draft). Mainly because I'm foolish enough to not have any savings so I just pay my bills and buy things / survive till next time round.

Is this going to reflect badly in my support application? I absolutely have enough cash to support us both for her visit, and it will of course be a cash priority but I understand they look at from a very clinical point of view.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts