Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Banking

933 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  gus-lopez 
#1 ·
I'm planning to move to the alicante area can anyone tell me how much CASH I can deposit in a Spanish bank account at any one time without incurring tax etc

#3 ·
I recently paid 2,800 Euros cash into a bank to purchase a car online and they wanted my NIE and passport but didn't ask about the origins of the money or charge me. My advice is, if you are going to bank anything larger than 3,000 Euros cash, make sure you can account for it just in case they grill you. :)

#5 · (Edited)
When you do transfers online using companies like CurrencyFair, there is a drop-down list where you have to indicate the purpose (e.g. to transfer salaries or pensions, or to purchase property). There is no maximum limit to the amount you can transfer.

I think a €2000 limit for cash transactions was brought in last year to try and cut down on tax evasion etc. but I don't know how strictly it is enforced. That wouldn't apply to bank deposits anyway.

#6 ·
That is only dealing with a business. Private can pay cash whatever they want.
Limit at bank before hacienda has to be notified is 3000€ pay in 2999€ no problem. you can pay in multiple 2999€ at same time without anyone being notified.
Amounts over 3k just have to tick whatever box that is nearest/best for what it is.
Incoming payments regardless of amount will never be liable for tax . Only amounts obtained from the interest would be taxable.
Withdrawals, any amount no questions asked & the right to carry in public up to 100k € 's without any problems as long as if asked you can explain where it came from.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.