Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi moving out to RAK in a few months time and was wondering what’s the bank of choice among you as i still have commitments back home and will need to send money on a monthly basis to my account back home in Scotland. For the first few months just plan to send using Western Union till i can get an account opened up any help appreciated

Cheers

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi moving out to RAK in a few months time and was wondering what’s the bank of choice among you as i still have commitments back home and will need to send money on a monthly basis to my account back home in Scotland. For the first few months just plan to send using Western Union till i can get an account opened up any help appreciated

Cheers
Most of the MNC banks like HSBC, Stanchar as well as 'big' local banks ADCB, RAK Bank are quite good and provide decent service. As far as sending money back home is concerned I would suggest you to use the services of money exchanges as you get marginally better rates and if you are transferring a big amount (more than AED 8000 or so) you can actually bargain for better rates than what they are offering.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts