Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow I am going to my UK spouse visa Biometric Appointment! What are the documents I need to bring? I just want to make sure I bring everything that is needed.

My next question is that we did not think my sponsor would get his final bank statement before we sent off our visa application, but we submitted our application online on October 17th, and now a week later i am attending the biometrics appointment. It turns out he will be able to get the original sent to me before i actually send my documents to Sheffield will it be a problem that it shows we received this bank statement after we submitted our online application? I would much rather send the original than a stamped copy if possible

And my last question in about chat logs and our relationship evidence. Me and my husband met on tumblr in December 2013, which at the time had an awful messaging service, and we have since then deleted our accounts, we after that started using couple and skype, which we have skype logs from about may 2014 all the way to now. We are unable to retrieve any messages from our couple app, because on the app itself no dates are listed and we cannot see any of our messages online for some reason. we then started using facebook messenger in December 2016, and have logs from then up till now on facebook messenger. Will it be a problem that for some of our earlier relationship we only have skype logs to show? Its just that we physically have nothing else to provide. We have a very detailed photo timeline we will be sending boarding passes, I visited him for over a week in the UK and then I stayed with him for 3 months in the UK and he has visited here twice, we are so worried that we dont have enough logs of evidence, and we would hate to be denied for that.

Sorry this is so lengthy, thanks for any help in advance!

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
For the biometrics appointment itself, all you need are the confirmation letter (the one with the barcode) and your US passport.

Your most recent bank statement should be dated within 28 days of online application. There's no reason you can't send in a stamped copy of his latest bank statement, that's perfectly valid. They can consider the original bank statement if it was dated after the application, though it probably isn't necessary, if his bank statement previous to this one is dated within 28 days of your online application.

You don't need to send chat logs anymore (this is specifically stated in the guidance).

Reactions: emackintosh8
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.