Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Lovelies I am new to this forum and pleased that I have found you all.

I hope that you will be able to help me out with a question I have.

My husband shall be applying for the UK spouse visa from Karachi- Pakistan sometime near August 2014 so I have already started collating evidence.

Now my question is that I shall be showing the amount of about £63000 that has been sat in my account in london for 9 months. I have asked the bank to send me the bank statements to my london address (Mother's place). This amount has been gifted to me by my mother.

Although the original statements will be posted home by my bank, will I still need to get them stamped by my bank and an accompanying letter to say that the statements are in fact legit?

Also someone told me that I'd need to evidence my saving as in proof that the money has in fact come from my mother, is that true?

Your help will be appreciated.

Faithfully,
sid

·
Registered
39,078 Posts
Original statement alone suffices.
Yes, you do need a letter signed by your mother confirming the gift of money, enclosing a copy of her bank statement showing transfer of funds and your account details - sort code and account number, such as 11-22-33 12345678, unless it was done by cheque.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just to reiterate what Joppa said, bank statements on bank stationary (normally has a letter head of bank name on top), are good enough.

The statement of your mother from when the gift left her account and a letter to state it is a gift and not a loan is also needed. I'd also have your bank statement to show the money entering your account. IF the transfer was done at a bank, they normally provide a receipt to show the transaction was carried out, I would also include this.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you

Thank you very much guys for your help :) One last question, I can highlight the relevant fund transfers using a yello highlighter from my mother's account into mine along with an explanation letter informing the UK ba of the dates of transfer???

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a problem in my hands now. Most of the amount was transferred into my account through my mother's bank but the amount of £5000 was deposited as cash. Now the problem is that the receipt that she was given does not have her name on it and in the amount section it says uncounted. How do I go on about proving that the amount was deposited in my account by my mum and not some stranger :( I guess the only thing that tallies in the receipt and my bank statement is the date and my account number on it :( Do i get the money out again and put it in my mother's account who can transfer it into mine? Although it seems wrong as it is our money....

·
Registered
39,078 Posts
Don't worry about it. Ask your mother to state in her letter about cash deposit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.