Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been going through the process of getting a year's worth of bank statements from 3 banks - Citibank and HSBC in the US and HSBC in the UK. Citi wasn't a problem but HSBC has been taking a little longer, due to their rules on where they will/won't send things and the fact that I'm currently in NY. I finally got them to send it but they are telling me it takes 10 business days....too long.

Anyway, the HSBC customer service guy I just spoke to said to me that the PDF statements that I can download online are identical in every way to what they'll send me in the mail, and if I print them on a colour printer, there's no difference.

Which does get me wondering how UKVI would know the difference themselves. The only thing I can think of is the physical paper size. Has anyone had any experience of printing the original-style PDF statements?

·
Super Moderator
18,072 Posts
They are trained to spot to the difference. If they aren't originals that are received by post then you will need to have them authenticated at the bank with either a stamp on every page or a letter verifying authenticity.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know if it helps but when I applied my unmarried partner visa just a month ago and I printed my pdf statement(HSBC) because I have no paper statements, which turned out acceptable I guess? I got my visa and now already in the UK, so good luck to you :)

Plus I didn't have them stamped or anything I just printed them out in colour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.